Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Aurora Housing Authority reports Sect. 8 Fraud

Aurora Housing Authority reports Section 8 fraud

March 8, 2008
    By ANDRE SALLES asalles@scn1.com
    AURORA -- An investigation into Section 8 voucher fraud discovered a trail from Kansas to the Aurora Housing Authority, and has resulted in the eviction of eight families who used the false vouchers in Aurora, according to Housing Authority Executive Director Rick Brace.

The investigation began at the Kansas City Housing Authority, Brace said, where agents from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development found fake vouchers being handed out. Several of the families who accepted those vouchers transferred to Aurora -- a common occurrence, Brace said.

In late February, HUD contacted Brace and informed him of the investigation. Agents from HUD's Office of the Inspector General came to Aurora near the end of last month, Brace said, and tracked down the families using the fake vouchers.

"All of our processing was done correctly, and the participants have been residing in Aurora and illegally receiving assistance," Brace said.

A total of 11 families were identified, Brace said. Eight of them had been residing in Aurora, and seven of those admitted to participating in the scheme. All eight have had their Section 8 benefits rescinded, although there is a 30-day notice period, followed by an appeals process, should they choose to take advantage of it.

An additional three families, Brace said, had not yet leased a unit in Aurora and were denied assistance.

The fraudulent Section 8 vouchers have cost the Aurora Housing Authority at least $30,000 in illegal payments, Brace said.

Neither the Kansas City Housing Authority nor HUD's Office of the Inspector General would comment Friday.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beac ... 1.article#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The investigation began at the Kansas City Housing Authority, Brace said, where agents from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development found fake vouchers being handed out.
    A total of 11 families were identified, Brace said. Eight of them had been residing in Aurora, and seven of those admitted to participating in the scheme. All eight have had their Section 8 benefits rescinded, although there is a 30-day notice period, followed by an appeals process, should they choose to take advantage of it.
    Is who ever is responsible for handing out fake vouches at the Kansas City Housing Authority been charged?

Rescind their section 8 benefits after a 30 day notice with a right to appeal?
    Why aren't these families facing criminal prosecution for fraud?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Is who ever is responsible for handing out fake vouches at the Kansas City Housing Authority been charged?

Rescind their section 8 benefits after a 30 day notice with a right to appeal?
    Why aren't these families facing criminal prosecution for fraud?
    There is alot of racism in the section 8 acceptance process, I have heard. Whites are more unlikely to get this because of the extensive race statistics which are gathered. I am sure that "no speak English" illegal Mexicans get a leg up for being "poor minorities".

Where is HUD in TEXAS? You don't see them busting (or at least making this kind of announcement) - 2005 in El Paso BUSTED big time as well as applications under the LIHTC program.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!