Austin descends into lawlessness following “defund the police” cuts targeting law enforcement

03/11/2024 // Ethan Huff // 1.4K Views

Tags: Austin, big government, chaos, Collapse, crime, defund the police, insanity, law enforcement, lawlessness, left cult, money supply, Police, policing, Texas, woke city council, wokies

Police patrols in the Texas capital city of Austin are waning as a result of the "defund the police" movement that spread like a virus following the George Floyd false flag riots of 2020.
Reports indicate that the Austin Police Department is having trouble keeping staff on board, which we warned was happening at the height of the psychological operation known as the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) "pandemic."
In some areas of Austin, entire neighborhoods are going unpatrolled for weeks at a time. Response times for 911 in Austin are also getting longer and longer, leaving residents without emergency help in times of need.
Speaking to Fox News, Austin Police Association president Michael Bullock claimed that Austin is now on the "brink of a disaster" as law enforcement struggles to keep the peace.
"Previous councils and leadership have actively worked against our officers and department, which has now put us in a free-falling staffing crisis," Bullock says.
"Twice now we've had our contract voted down or it has been allowed to expire. Each year since 2017, we've lost more officers than we've hired. We had to gut our specialized units and force detectives to work backfill on patrol just to try and respond to 911 calls."
No more 911 emergency service

Area resident Lauren Klinefelter is upset about the long 911 response times in Austin, this after she was involved in a significant vehicle accident back in 2022 that also affected her two children, ages two and eight.
"We needed an ambulance and some emergency assistance because not only was my car totaled, but my children were both bleeding and visibly injured," Klinefelter said about the experience.
"I called 911 and, to my surprise, it rang and rang endlessly, only to be routed to a 311 operator for non-emergencies.
The Austin mother recalled having to call a ride-sharing service to take herself and her two children to the hospital for treatment, this after waiting an hour with no help from emergency responders.
"My children were bleeding and over an hour had passed, so with no other option, we got a Lyft to the hospital and back home," Klinefelter said. "The police never showed up. I was never contacted by anyone to follow up on the incident."
Klinefelter says she understands that 911 cannot always be on demand at a moment's notice, but receiving no help at all "is scary," she says, "especially when your babies are the ones you are seeking help for."
"I hope that our city can become safe again and that the police department can fill the empty spots, because if not, God help us all," she added.
Following the emergence of Black Lives Matter (BLM) in the summer of 2020, Austin's city council decided to reallocate about $150 million, or around 34 percent of the police department's existing budget, towards other services besides law enforcement. The decision was unanimous.
That decision was later reversed by the Texas Legislature, which passed a statute requiring Austin to reinstate the funds to police, but the staffing crisis reportedly continues.
Last year, 40 officers in Austin filed for retirement after the city council voted to pursue a one-year contract as opposed to the four-year contract that was previously discussed.
"Our staffing has been set back at least 15 years and at the same time we've dealt with a population growth of over 250,000 new residents," the police union president further explained.
"Combine that with a district attorney who has made it very clear that targeting officers and releasing criminals is his priority – not public safety."
Chaos is spreading like a virus across the United States as the government, media, education and business sectors drive a wedge between left and right, and between dark and white, in classic divide-and-conquer fashion. Find out more at Collapse.news.
Sources for this article include:
ThePostMillennial.com
NaturalNews.com

Austin descends into lawlessness following “defund the police” cuts targeting law enforcement – NaturalNews.com