Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Automaker bailout doesn’t have needed votes

Automaker aid bill doesn’t have needed votes
    Senate Majority Leader Reid says massive bailout plan is in jeopardy

msnbc.com news services
    updated 44 minutes ago
    WASHINGTON - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says the Democrats’ plan to tap the Wall Street rescue fund to save U.S. automakers doesn’t have the votes to pass.

One day after Detroit’s Big Three sent survival plans to Capitol Hill in an urgent plea for $34 billion in government aid, Reid said there’s still not enough support in Congress for using some of the $700 billion bailout to help the teetering carmakers.

He told The Associated Press in an interview, “I just don’t think we have the votes to do that now.â€

I think that they should be allowed to keep thier health care, just not their pay for not working.

MW
    Where a bail out of the auto industry is concerned, I have mixed feelings. I don't want to see Ford, GM, and Chrysler bailed out but I am fearful of the many jobs that will be lost if they are forced to shut down. This definitely has the potential of being a huge lose-lose proposition.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn