Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

The Awakening of Black America

The Awakening of Black America

7/4/2011
    Bruce Bialosky

On this Fourth of July there is a topic I want to confront. I thought long and hard before writing this column, even though the topic is a subject that profoundly concerns me. While my words come from the heart, I was, frankly, fearful that I would be branded a racist. Regrettably, the racial environment that now exists in America leaves anyone who is not Black open to attack regardless of one’s history of support for members of the community – just consider Al Campanis. Nevertheless, here goes – The Black community needs to throw off the yoke of their self-anointed leaders, their current crop of elected officials, and their supposed friends in the Democratic Party if they ever wish to achieve equal economic status in this country.
    This conclusion became clear to me in a rather roundabout manner. In 2004, I traveled to Portland, Oregon. It was my first visit to this lovely city, and I spent three wonderful weeks there. But coming from Los Angeles, I was surprised by the relative absence of minorities: you see very few Asians and hardly any Blacks or Hispanics. If you go to the ‘Burbs, forget it – they’re as white as white can be. Here I was in hyper-liberal Portland, the city that almost single-handedly elects Democrats in statewide elections, and it did not appear to be particularly minority-friendly. I thought: How easy it is for these liberals to pass judgment on other Americans when they don’t have to face the issues that the rest of us deal with every day.

This notion hibernated in the back of my mind until I read Thomas Sowell’s recent column, “Blacks and Republicans.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

quote(The only thing that is clear is that the status quo – the result of 50 years of poor decisions and blind devotion to liberal dogma – is not the path to that success.)

Bingo,, clear and to the point but a tough sell in the ghettos.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

"Obama's agenda is so obvious even Stevie Wonder can see it!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Lincoln freed them. The 14th amendment gave them Citizenship. The 15th Amendment gave them the vote. The Civil Rights Act gave them equality. Many are slaves today more so than 150 years ago. Religious , community and political leaders have preached dependence on things like affirmative action and used white guilt to promote and perpetuate the belief that external assistance is required rather than promoting the ideals of personal responsibility and self achievement. Just goes to show common sense , intelligence, and prosperity cannot be legislated into existence. The realization that a new underclass. the Illegal immigrant , is displacing them should take hold. This newest class of people are even poorer than the poorest of the poor previously being handed out to, including those of any race or creed to lazy to work. The Black community is in direct competition now for the same resources they previously enjoyed to themselves . There is a new minority in town, and they have learned how to use the system from the old minority. The new breed of Black Republicans see the truth and are not afraid to speak it. They see that ones circumstances and station in life is limited by what is allowed living within the means provided you, if that is all you aspire to. Being comfortable within that narrow definition of affordable lifestyle provided by the welfare state does not promote independence, free thought or self improvement of ones status in life. Ironic they should cling to the party that gave us pointy hats , burning crosses and white sheeted night riders .