Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Backyard chickens on the rise, despite neighbors' clucks

Backyard chickens on the rise, despite neighbors' clucks

John Hart / For The Times

Evie Lynch, 9, and her family keep Lucy and Flicka in their Madison, Wis., backyard. Evie walks Flicka every night. “They’re cute,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    The cost of being an urban poultry farmer can rise quickly. Chicks can cost up to $20 each with shipping fees, and feed costs about $25 a bag. For those not content with a homemade coop, there's the $1,300, Amish-made "Egg Man."
    Bull!!! I got 16 chicks for 20.00 with 10.00 shipping. Feed is 12.00 a BIG bag and lasts a long time...plus chickens love eating outside, they peck at everything. The coops can be made very easily by a someone good with wood. I love that I live in the country where they can roam around!

I would have to say it depends on where you live. This wouldn't fly (no pun intended) in my neighborhood. Eventually, me and my wife will move to West Texas (Woodson) to take over the family farm, and we will do as much as possible to live off the land, and maintain a sustainability that makes it to where we aren't so reliant on Wal-Mart etc. That is my goal. Solar and wind energy, crops, cattle, water barrels, and chickens.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&