Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Barbara Boxer blogging for dollars

Barbara Boxer 'I'm proud of what we've been able to accomplish in the past few months'

Boxer blogging for dollars

By Online
    Friday, September 25, 2009

We’ve got to prepare now. The right-wing pundits will be scrutinizing our September 30 finance report to see if we still have the strong grassroots support we need to win next year — and I need your help, right now, to show them that we do.

Please contribute to my campaign today — before the September 30 deadline — and help us reach our $100,000 grassroots fundraising goal!

But this campaign isn’t about you or me, it’s about the American Dream.

I’m a product of the American Dream.

My mother, an immigrant to America, wasn’t able to finish high school because she needed to work to support her family. But I had a quality public education from kindergarten through college. My parents believed that if you worked hard and played by the rules, you could achieve your dreams — and I have.

Every child in America should have the same chance that I had: an opportunity to live their own American Dream. That’s why I want to continue my work in the Senate with a fourth term.

We know that change is coming.

Change away from unnecessary wars, away from special interest politics, away from policies that savage our environment. Change toward getting our spending priorities straight, acting in the best interests of California’s families, and expanding opportunities for all Americans.

And change to finally achieve health care coverage that is affordable and that is there when you need it. When you have 14,000 Americans losing health care every day, this is a wake-up call for action — and when nearly two-thirds of all personal bankruptcies are tied to a health care crisis, this is clearly unacceptable. We can’t afford the status quo.

You can count on me to do all I can to change the status quo, while of course protecting what works in health care. But I need your help to keep up the fight in the Senate — this year, next year, and for another six years to come.

Please contribute to my campaign today — before the September 30 deadline — and help us reach our $100,000 grassroots fundraising goal!

I’m proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish in the past few months — but you and I know that there’s still so much work to do. That’s why I’m running for re-election to the U.S. Senate, and that’s why I need your help, today.

I look forward to continuing the fight for opportunity, equality and a better quality of life, together.

Thank you so much for your support.

In Friendship,

Barbara Boxer
    U.S. Senator

P.S. The September 30 reporting deadline is only five days away. With our opponents gearing up, we need to show the political pundits and media that we’re ready for a tough campaign ahead. Please contribute now — before the September 30 deadline!

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15115
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will not go blogging with Barbie. She will not like what I write and will probably have me expunged.
    DREAM Act, my posterior! And I am just wondering who paid for her college, the hard-working mom or scholarships or loans provided at taxpayer expense? If she wants a dream for some illegal kid, she can fund that out of her own pocket, not mine.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With regard to this comment below we used to have a good education system until the FED got their claws into it. A note from a parent that their child was sick used to be enough until they got hooked on the fed! Now the schools make you take your kid to the doctor for the sniffles (pay that co-pay) so they will have an excused absence! It is because the school LOSES MONEY FROM THE FED for every day the kid is out!!! We used to have good food with variety. I remember when my high school got on the federal lunch program. The food went to you know where! Kids were not fat back then. We had decent food and physical education. If we failed a class we repeated the whole grade! When we got out of line we were punished at school AND at home! We got a decent education. That has all been DESTROYED by the likes of the "no child left behind" program. The dumber the people are the easier to control.

My mother, an immigrant to America, wasn’t able to finish high school because she needed to work to support her family. But I had a quality public education from kindergarten through college. My parents believed that if you worked hard and played by the rules, you could achieve your dreams — and I have.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Mark Joseph
    Posted: September 25, 2009 12:49 PM

CA Shocker: DeVore Ahead of Fiorina In Race Against Boxer

For some time now it's been conventional wisdom that Barbara Boxer was in deep trouble in her race to keep her Senate seat and that Carly Fiorina had the best shot at taking her out. A new poll is casting serious doubt on the second part of that equation.

According to this snapshot, released yesterday, CA State Assemblyman Chuck DeVore does better against Boxer in a hypothetical matchup than Fiorina would.

The assumption that Fiorina would run stronger against Boxer than DeVore has made fundraising a challenge but this poll is likely to change all of that for DeVore and open up the spigots of campaign cash. And Boxer, who has coasted to victories over a series of weak candidates, may face the challenge of her lifetime should DeVore make it to the show. While the GOP typically runs uber-conservatives who are easily to marginalize as too right-wing for the state, DeVore may defy easy categorization. He's conservative to be sure on all of the issues that matter to GOP primary voters, but leads with defense and budget issues in a time when people are far more concerned about jobs and deficits. He's also become a favorite of the state's powerhouse talk radio hosts, John & Ken, and if they push his candidacy, it could be a game-changer. The two don't fit the profile of typical conservative talkers, generally taking a moderate to liberal position on social issues, while focusing their populist rage on tax and budget issues.

In the recent past, California Senate races have tended to be snoozers, with Democrats winning by huge margins. If the nation remains mired in economic distress in 2010, the Republicans, with a candidate like DeVore, may pull off a stunning upset.

www.huffingtonpost.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn