Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Barbara Comstock says current congressman exposed himself to female staffer

Barbara Comstock says current congressman exposed himself to female staffer

by Anna Giaritelli | Nov 14, 2017, 11:02 AM

"This member asked a staffer to bring them over some materials to their residence. This young staffer -- it was a woman -- this younger staffer went there and was greeted with a member in a towel. It was a male who then invited her in. At that point, he decided to expose himself. She left and then she quit her job," Comstock told the committee. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Rep. Barbara Comstock, R-Va., said Tuesday she is aware of a recent sexual harassment incident in which a sitting congressman exposed himself to a female staffer after tricking her into coming over to his residence.

Comstock told her fellow members of the Committee on House Administration about the incident at Tuesday's hearing on existing sexual harassment policies.
    Related: Women on Capitol Hill have secret 'creep list' of male members: Report

"I wanted to close with something that I just had somebody tell me recently. This is about a member who is here now. I don't know who it is, but somebody who I trust told me this situation," Comstock said.

"This member asked a staffer to bring them over some materials to their residence. This young staffer — it was a woman — this younger staffer went there and was greeted with a member in a towel. It was a male who then invited her in. At that point, he decided to expose himself. She left and then she quit her job," Comstock told the committee.
    "This is really a much more complex situation ... I think we need to have more training, know about the violence that we're seeing in some of these situations that are criminal," she added. "I would argue that that's probably a crime in that situation."

Comstock called for victims to "name names" in order for Congress to get a better idea of what is happening.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ba...rticle/2640615

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Women on Capitol Hill have secret 'creep list' of male members: Report

by Caitlin Yilek | Nov 14, 2017

A news outlet spoke to more than 50 lawmakers and current or former congressional staffers, all who said they experienced sexual harassment on Capitol Hill or knew of someone who had. (Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg)
    [/COLOR]

Female lawmakers, staff, and interns have a secret “creep list” of men on Capitol Hill who are known for allegedly making sexual comments and gestures or seeking physical relations with younger employees or interns.

“Amongst ourselves, we know,” a former Senate staffer told CNN of the lawmakers notorious for their inappropriate behavior. “There is certain code amongst us, we acknowledge among each other what occurs.”

The informal roster has been spread by word of mouth, CNN reported Tuesday. It’s weighted heavily with the names of House representatives, which has more members than the Senate.

The news outlet spoke to more than 50 lawmakers and current or former congressional staffers, all who said they experienced sexual harassment on the Hill or knew of someone who had.

The House Administration Committee on Tuesday is holding a hearing on preventing sexual harassment in Congress after high-profile allegations against celebrities and politicians have surfaced in recent weeks.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wo...rticle/2640604

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interns and others sign NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) to protect alleged abusers.