Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Barry and the Beanstalk

Dear Mr. Obama,

I want to thank you for reminding me of the childhood story, Jack and the Beanstalk. It was a wonderful fairytale that I have always cherished. Perhaps you aren’t familiar with this fairytale because, honestly, I’m not sure where you came from. Regardless, you have given it new meaning for me and I thought you might find pleasure in this magical tale that I am sending to you. Enjoy!

Barry and the Beanstalk

Once upon a time there lived a young boy named Barry who came from humble beginnings. He was a nice boy and a hard worker but, unfortunately, honesty wasn’t his greatest virtue. But he had something that the other boys didn’t. You see, Barry was handsome, witty, charming, a great teller of stories and a fast learner. As the years drifted by, he dreamed of wealth and power, and someday he would have it! But how? He knew that if he had the chance he could convince people to give him everything he dreamed of! Barry had heard stories of a wonderful magic goose that laid golden eggs, a beanstalk and of the terrible sleeping giant that guarded it. This was it! He could have everything if he just had this goose! Barry dreamed, plotted and schemed of how he could sneak past the terrible sleeping giant and steal this wonderful treasure! He then sought the council of his closest friend, Saul, a writer of books and asked “How can I ever hope to sneak past the sleeping giant and steal the magic goose?â€
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Good one TexasBorn! Let us HOPE the giant sleeps no more. That would indeed be CHANGE.