Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Biden on Palin: some comments are 'far out there

Feb 11, 2010

Biden on Palin: 'I like her,' but some comments are 'far out there'

09:45 AM

"I like her," Biden said of Palin, later adding: "She's an engaging person. She has a great personality. I don't agree with what she says and I think some of the things she says are not ... well ... some of the comments made are just so far out there, I just don't know where they come from."

By Tom Gannam, AP(Biden was more effusive than Mrs. Obama, who said she didn't know the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.)

The current veep also told King he understands "why people like her."

"My sense is that Sarah appeals -- Gov. Palin appeals to a group of people who are generally frustrated, feel disenfranchised, are very conservative," Biden said. "Tea Party people, but beyond that. She has appeal beyond that as well. But I don't know that it represents anything approaching a significant portion of the population."

The suspender-wearing talk show host also asked Biden about other topics:

The prospects of a health care bill -- and deficit reduction: "Look, you cannot get control of the deficits unless you deal with entitlements. One of the biggest entitlements is Medicare and Medicaid, 47 cents in every dollar is spent now for health care nationwide is spent by the government. The cost curve is going up like this. You've got to bend it. The only way you can do that is reform health care."

The proposed jobs bill: "Well, I am optimistic. I think now the jobs bill I think will be probably less than is needed initially, but it will be very helpful. The House already passed the jobs bill. I think the Senate will pass the jobs bill. And I think, Larry, look, by the spring, I think people are going to begin to have more confidence in the policies we've put in place. I think you're going to see net creation of jobs every month."

Why Pakistan is a dangerous situation. "Well, you've heard me say that for the last 10 years ... It's a big country. It has nuclear weapons that are able to be deployed. It has a real significant minority of radicalized population. It is not a completely functional democracy in the sense we think about it."

Iraq. "I am very optimistic about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government. ... I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

The prospect of a nuclear Iran: "A concern, a real concern, not an immediate concern in the sense that something could happen tomorrow or in the very near term, but what I worry most about with regard to Iran, if they continue on the path of nuclear weapons and were able to gain even a modicum of the capability, then I worry what that does ... what pressure that puts on Saudi Arabia, on Egypt, on Turkey, et cetera,to acquire nuclear weapons."

Bipartisanship -- or lack thereof: "Do I think there's going to be the kind of bipartisanship I'm used to as all the years I served in the Senate? Not likely. But I do think there will be some more movement because there's a dual message being sent out there. It's not just that people -- that Massachusetts election wasn't just about Democrats, it was about Washington is not working. And I don't think that Republican leadership is going to continue to include that the way they win is if the country loses."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ut-there/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Biden on Palin: 'I like her,' but some comments are 'far out there'

09:45 AM

"I like her," Biden said of Palin, later adding: "She's an engaging person. She has a great personality. I don't agree with what she says and I think some of the things she says are not ... well ... some of the comments made are just so far out there, I just don't know where they come from."

I can't help but chuckle at Biden's comment. Like my Grandma used to say, "Well, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black"

"My sense is that Sarah appeals -- Gov. Palin appeals to a group of people who are generally frustrated, feel disenfranchised, are very conservative," Biden said.
    It seems like he realized, mid-sentence, that referring to Gov. Palen by her first name was condescending.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)