Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BIG DILEMMA: OPRAH BALKS AT HOSTING SARAH PALIN...

BIG DILEMMA: OPRAH BALKS AT HOSTING SARAH PALIN; STAFF DIVIDED
    Fri Sep 05 2008 08:55:46 ET

Oprah Winfrey may have introduced Democrat Barack Obama to the women of America -- but the talkshow queen is not rushing to embrace the first woman on a Republican presidential ticket!

Oprah's staff is sharply divided on the merits of booking Sarah Palin, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

One executive close to Winfrey is warning any Palin ban could ignite a dramatic backlash!

It is not clear if Oprah has softened her position after watching Palin's historic convention speech.

Last year, Winfrey blocked an appearance by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, timed to a promotional tour of his autobiography.

Oprah and executive producer Sheri Salata, who has contributed thousands of dollars to Obama's campaign, refused requests for comment.

Developing...
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3os.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now why in the world would Oprah do THAT?

After all, a big part of her appeal and committment to her audience has always been her fair, balanced, and unbiased discussion of the issues, her empowerment of women, minorities, etc.

Are we backpedaling O? Afraid of jeopardizing some big appointment to an Obama administration for yourself, Steadman, and, without a doubt, your best friend Gayle as well?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is Oprah Biased? Host Won't Interview Palin
    Republican VP Nominee Sarah Palin Isn't Welcome on 'Oprah'

By EMILY FRIEDMAN
    Sept. 5, 2008 —

She may have let Tom Cruise jump all over her couch, but Oprah Winfrey says that Sarah Palin can't even sit on it.

At least not until after the presidential election, that is.

Responding to media reports first publicized on Matt Drudge's "The Drudge Report" claiming there was turmoil at Winfrey's Harpo Studios about whether to book the GOP vice presidential nominee on the popular talk show, Winfrey's camp said today that while she has nothing against Palin, the veep hopeful won't appear on the show anytime soon.

"The item in today's 'Drudge Report' is categorically untrue," Winfrey said in a written statement provided to ABCNews.com. "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show.

"At the beginning of the presidential campaign, when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates," Winfrey wrote.

"I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

But Winfrey, who publicly endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama in May 2008, is being widely criticized by some fans of the show who say she's being unfair and biased.

"She's being two-faced," said Dr. Cindy Grossman-Green, a pediatrician and Oprah fan from outside Philadelphia. "She initially had Obama on her show, but now that she's decided [to support him], she won't have any other political candidates on."

Grossman-Green is referring to the two times Obama appeared on Winfrey's show prior to announcing his plans to run for the presidency, once in January 2005 and, more recently, in October 2006.

Some Winfrey fans say that Obama's appearance on the show at all -- regardless of the timing and his political aspirations during his visits -- are irrelevant and that Winfrey's decision to blacklist Palin from her show could very well backfire.

"I don't think most people even care about the timing [of when Obama went on the show]," Grossman-Green said. "They just know Winfrey is pro-Obama and that she had him on.

"Once she brings Obama on and opens the door to political people [on her show], it's only fair to bring both Republicans and Democrats on," she added.

But, according to mother and Winfrey fan Donna Chaffins, when Obama appeared on the show does matter.

"Personally, as long as she claims she will not use her show as a platform and as long as she doesn't campaign for him on the show, I have no problem with her waiting to have Palin on the show," Chaffins said.

Chaffins said that she "would have an issue" if, now that nominations have been decided, Winfrey had only the Democratic candidates on and not the Republicans.

"I want her to be fair," said Chaffins, who is undecided on whom she will vote for come November.

Can Oprah Balance Her Support for Obama With Her Support for Women?
    While Winfrey's endorsement of Obama is here to stay, why she will not invite Palin on her show, as one of the powerful women she often features, is unclear to many fans who said that regardless of her policies, Palin is making history.

"Whether you agree with Sarah Palin and her positions or not, the fact that she's the first female Republican vice presidential candidate is historical," said Joanne Bamberger, who runs the blog Punditmom1.blogspot.com.

"I'd have to imagine her audience would really want to see Palin," said Bamberger, who said that she is voting Democratic but still would love to see Palin interviewed by Winfrey. "It seems to me that Winfrey's show is all about empowering women."

By not having Palin on the show, Grossman-Green says that Winfrey is actually doing a disservice to her predominantly female audience, many of whom look for inspiration in the guests who appear on the show.

"She's doing an injustice to women by not having Palin on," Grossman-Green said. "Palin is a wonderful role model of what we're all trying to do as working women -- which is everything."

But not everyone thinks that it would make sense for Oprah to counter her support for Obama by allowing Palin to appear on her show.

"Having Palin on the show would be a conflict of interest," said Elwood Watson, a professor of history and African-American studies at East Tennessee State University and co-author of "The Oprah Phenomenon."

"She's made up her mind, and she's not going to sway from it," said Watson, when asked whether it would be plausible for Winfrey to simultaneously support Obama and interview Palin on her show, which could be interpreted as an endorsement. "How can you endorse two people?"

With almost 1,000 comments on her community message board dedicated to a possible Palin interview, Winfrey is already garnering strong reaction among her fans -- both those who are pleased with her decision and those who are not, such as Grossman-Green.

"I'm actually pretty angry with her right now because of this," she said. "I don't think I will be a gung-ho supporter right now.

"I'd think twice about switching her on or even buying her magazine."
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/sto ... 716&page=1

I think she should have her on and doesn't even have to go political as far as the presidential race. There's alot people who want to know about her as a person. Heck she's been up in Alaska and not that well known by the rest of us. Alot of people didn't know who Obama was and being on her show got his name out there so other people, besides the people from Illinois, could see who he was. And it was pretty well known then, his intentions were to run, even though it wasn't "official" yet. It was more like a getting to know a future canditate. She made it clear before he ever went "official" that she would back him. And before she actually went "official" with her stance. She could balance it out in alot of different ways, without compromising her stand with Obama.

But it's her show and there's others who will probably jump at the chance, if she does or if she doesn't. She's not the only show on the circuit.

Oprah always has been biased and opinionated, she just hides it better than most. The fact that she can't hide this one only shows how scared the Obama camp is of this sweet little, inexperienced, nobody from Alaska lol
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oprah has gone down significantely in popularity, her show is stale and boring. She, herself, opened the door to political candidates when she had her "Messiah" Nobama on her show, but then slams the door shut on others. I never took Oprah for a stupid woman, until now.

This may bring about the end of the Oprah Show as we know it. Frankly I stopped watching her as soon as she started preaching. Oprah and Nobama are scared that Palin will eclipse her "Messiah". I believe she already has and doesn't need to go on Oprah to prove it.
    "

I used to watch Oprah once in a while but ever since she endorsed Obama I haven't watched her at all.

Oh my-for some reason the kids ditty Obama and Oprah sitting in a tree...K I S S I N G, First comes love.... just came into my mind.

I wonder which O is kissing which O's butt.

Oprah has lost a lot of credibility they way she fawned over and campaigned for Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't help with Obama's "O" logo:

So what. One globilsit will not interview a chosen of the CFR. The game goes forward and people forget about the things they ought to be focused on.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)