Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill Maher bashes 'Birthers' over Obama's birth certificate

Bill Maher bashes 'Birthers' over Barack Obama's birth certificate

July 31, 2009 | 12:07 pm

Bill Maher has had enough with all of the right-wing naysayers who are convinced that Barack Obama's birth certificate is false. The "Birthers" claim that the president's true birthplace is somewhere in Africa, not the United States, and thus he is ineligible to be commander in chief. Today Maher took aim at the Birthers in an Op-ed piece in The Times. An excerpt:

For the last couple of weeks, we've all been laughing heartily at the wacky antics of the "birthers" -- the far-right goofballs who claim Barack Obama wasn't really born in Hawaii and therefore the job of president goes to the runner-up, former Miss California Carrie Prejean.

Also, when Obama was sworn in as president, he forgot to give his answer in the form of a question.

And yet, every week, the chorus of conservatives demanding to see his birth certificate grows. It's like they're the Cambridge police, Obama's in his house -- the White House -- and they need to see some ID.

And there's nothing anyone can do to convince these folks. You could hand them, in person, the original birth certificate and have a video of Obama emerging from the womb with Don Ho singing in the background ... and they still wouldn't believe it.

Maher wrapped up his essay by writing, "this isn't a case of Democrats versus Republicans. It's sentient beings versus the lizard people, and it is to them I offer this deal: I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma."

So the question is, do you agree with Maher that the Birthers are grabbing at straws and are being sore losers in regard to the election? Or do you think the Hawaiian government is working with the Democratic Party to hide the fact that Obama was born in Kenya?

-- Tony Pierce

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comment ... icate.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know I'll get hammered for this but I have always liked Bill Maher. I have watched his show on ABC and HBO religiously.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&