Black Sheriff at NRA Forum: Armed Citizen Made America Free & Armed Citizen Will Keep America Free!

By Kyle Becker
2 hours ago

Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. of Wisconsin gave a rousing speech in defense of the Second Amendment at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum on Friday:

Here are a few select quotes from the full speech:

“I am here because, as you already know, the country that we understood at its founding is under siege. It’s under siege by a cabal that would transform us into something other than what the Founding Fathers wanted for every generation that followed.”

“…This group of tyrants wants to disarm us. They want to deny you and me our freedoms guaranteed under The Constitution of the United States.”

“My fellow Americans, I’ve had it, and I’m tired of seeing the Second Amendment treated like the bastard child of The Bill of Rights. I’m tired of seeing courts of law and liberal congressional and state legislatures contort the right to keep and bear arms into a definition so limited that we don’t even recognize it. I’m tired of law-abiding citizens like you being viewed by leftist government officials as ‘clingers,’ blood-thirsty, ‘racist,’ and ‘extremist.’ I know you better than that.

(Applause.)”

“These people know that the first step toward putting us back into subservience to government is to disarm us; and that’s why they fear you, because you possess the means under The Bill of Rights to keep government in check.”

“Ladies and gentleman, the armed citizen made America free, and the armed citizen will keep America free!”

Clarke affirms that he is loyal to the Constitution and he has pledged to defend freedom. He provides stories about how law-abiding citizens were limited by gun laws or were intimidated or victimized by criminals because they lacked firearms.

Sheriff Clarke explains why “the law-abiding armed citizen (is) the great equalizer” and that he “trusts the law-abiding armed citizen.” Outstanding speech.

New Report: Whopping 1 in 13 Schoolchildren Now On Prescription Psych Meds

HT Right Scoop

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1329...ech-nra-forum/