Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blacks in Michigan felt that George Romney respected them

As a child I remember that there was a Governors Conference in my home island St. Croix.

My aunt who was Black and had been a resident of Michigan told me about how she had been so impressed by George Romney's support of Blacks that she had gone to the trouble of volunteering for him.

I do not know about his engaging in some confrontational march with Martin Luther King but she felt that he had improved Black conditions in the auto industry and as Governor of Michigan.

My cousin her daughter ran up to him in the parade and shook hands with him and would not touch anything until she got home so she could shake her hand and tell her Mom that the last person to shake it before was Governor George Romney.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Lived out here in Oregon all of my life, what year was he governor in?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1962 -

George W. Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Romney
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    A few years before my time (b. 1967!).

That was something very different then, wasn't it?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)