Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Blagojevich’s lawyers seek FBI interview with Obama

Rod Blagojevich's lawyers want the FBI to give up details of interviews conducted last year with President Obama, Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett and Rahm Emanuel

Blagojevich’s lawyers seek FBI interview with Obama

COURT FILING | Defense wants early look at 'notes, transcripts'

December 13, 2009
    BY NATASHA KORECKI Federal Courts Reporter nkorecki@suntimes.com

Rod Blagojevich's lawyers want the FBI to give up details of interviews conducted last year of President Obama, his chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, White House adviser Valerie Jarrett and others as part of the investigation into the former governor.

In a Friday filing, Blagojevich attorneys also asked for information regarding first lady Michelle Obama. However, a source said late Friday that the FBI never interviewed the first lady.
    » Click to enlarge image
    Rod Blagojevich's lawyers want the FBI to give up details of interviews conducted last year with President Obama (from top left), Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett and Rahm Emanuel. A source said Friday, the FBI never interviewed the first lady.

Then-President-elect Obama, Emanuel and Jarrett sat down with the FBI about a year ago -- just after Blagojevich was arrested on charges of trying to sell Obama's recently vacated Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Obama revealed he was interviewed in a report he made public last December.

The defense request, filed in federal court, asks for "notes, transcripts and reports" of interviews with the Obamas, Emanuel, Jarrett and union chiefs Thomas Balanoff and Andy Stern.

The request was part of a larger bid by defense lawyers to have prosecutors turn over additional materials, including witness statements, six months before the June trial date. Typically, prosecutors give the defense such information 30 days before the trial.

Shelly Sorosky, an attorney for Blagojevich, said the defense needs additional time with the material "because there's so much of it. This is massive stuff."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blag ... 13.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Typically, prosecutors give the defense such information 30 days before the trial."

What?! That's bull. They're supposed to turn it all over as they get it or as soon as the defense requests it in a discovery motion.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL.....this might just get really interesting and may present something of a dilemna.

The defense is entitled to that information. If the prosecution is ordered to keep it away from them by an "edict from upon high", Blago might just walk altogether.

What I'd really love to know though is what Blago has been telling agencies such as the FBI and CIA about the activites of the criminal organization running DC at the present moment
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    LOL.....this might just get really interesting and may present something of a dilemna.

The defense is entitled to that information. If the prosecution is ordered to keep it away from them by an "edict from upon high", Blago might just walk altogether.

What I'd really love to know though is what Blago has been telling agencies such as the FBI and CIA about the activites of the criminal organization running DC at the present moment
    Absolutely ... me, too! I'll bet he's got a 3 books full of information, don't you?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Absolutely ... me, too!

I'll bet he's got a 3 books full of information, don't you?

Of course!! And that's probably just the Index

obama and the rest......they've got cause for concern. People like Blago and Rezko have the absolute ability to bring it all down around them and I personally don't doubt for one second that they will. After being thrown under the bus like that, who wouldn't?

And with obama and his minions going after the CIA and FBI the way they have, their sudden desire to try to dismantle and discredit those agencies? They're worried about something

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Absolutely ... me, too!

I'll bet he's got a 3 books full of information, don't you?

Of course!! And that's probably just the Index

obama and the rest......they've got cause for concern. People like Blago and Rezko have the absolute ability to bring it all down around them and I personally don't doubt for one second that they will. After being thrown under the bus like that, who wouldn't?

And with obama and his minions going after the CIA and FBI the way they have, their sudden desire to try to dismantle and discredit those agencies? They're worried about something

Exactly!