Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boehner under fire: First cut should be lawmakers' salaries

Maybe but what bothers me the most is that these people get into office to serve and protect our Constitution and Country, and it isn't for the pay check it is for the perks they all gain while they are there.

For what the office pays and for what they spend to get elected that should tell us something. How do we combat that...this is where the corruptions starts and special interests begins working against us.....it seems to me that first and foremost that is what needs to stop.....

Boehner under fire: First cut should be lawmakers' salaries
    By Jordy Yager - 11/05/10 12:38 PM ET

Soon-to-be Speaker John Boehner (Ohio) is being pressed by taxpayer groups to slash the salaries of House lawmakers.

Cutting member pay would show voters the new GOP majority in the House is going to lead by example in their efforts to rein in spending and start with their own wallets, say officials with three prominent taxpayer advocacy groups in Washington, D.C.

“There has to be a visible gesture that people can immediately relate to,â€

I personally don't think this is something we or anyone else should focus on at this time. You don't press people to cut their salaries when they're doing the job you want them to do. You cut their salaries when they aren't and after a little probationary period of helping them to do the job you want them to do if they don't do it, then you fire them, send them on their way and elect someone who will.

Lets don't distract them from focusing on repealing Obama Care, stopping illegal immigration and passing the FairTax.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I personally don't think this is something we or anyone else should focus on at this time. You don't press people to cut their salaries when they're doing the job you want them to do. You cut their salaries when they aren't and after a little probationary period of helping them to do the job you want them to do if they don't do it, then you fire them, send them on their way and elect someone who will.

Lets don't distract them from focusing on repealing Obama Care, stopping illegal immigration and passing the FairTax.

You may be right,Judy,but I think they have "all" had a very long probationary period to begin with...Look where that has gotten us.

Don't get me wrong if you read the beginning before the article, I don't fully agree with it either and I think the problem lies elsewhere, key word corruption. That is what really needs to be addressed...

Again, as it stands right now they do have another window of opportunity again. I am very curious to see what happens...but they have to know the Country is watching them and it is us they work for.

Kathyet