Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

By Maxim Lott
    Published May 08, 2015 FoxNews.com

Boston University Professor Saida Grundy's tweets deriding white men are her business, according to the school. (Boston University)

Critics say a newly-hired Boston University professor has crossed the line with recent tweets bashing whites, but the school says it’s simply free speech.

“White masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges,” Saida Grundy, an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at Boston University, tweeted in March.

In another tweet from January, she wrote: “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.”

In another, she called white males a “problem population.”

“White masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges.”
    - Saida Grundy, incoming assistant professor at Boston University
    “Why is white America so reluctant to identify white college males as a problem population?” she asked.

The tweets were first noticed by student Nick Pappas, who posted them on his website “SoCawlege.com” and questioned how Grundy could be able to teach a diverse classroom given the racial hostility in her tweets.

“You have to teach college aged white males eventually, no?... this seems like you are unqualified to grade their work as you clearly demonstrate some kind of special bias against them,” he wrote.

Related Image

Pappas, a junior at University of Massachusetts Amherst, told FoxNews.com that he hopes to “show the rest of America how nasty people on the far left can get at colleges.”

Those who follow campus politics say they are not shocked.

"I'm not surprised that Boston University is hiring a racist to teach African American Studies," David Horowitz, author of “Reforming our Univerisities” told FoxNews.com. "Anti-white racism is rampant in Black Studies programs which are generally indoctrination programs in left wing politics."

Boston University stands by the professor, who will start working at the college in June.

“Professor Grundy is exercising her right to free speech and we respect her right to do so,” Boston University spokesman Colin Riley said.

Grundy did not respond to a request for comment from FoxNews.com, and has made her twitter account private.

Horowitz said the university’s reaction betrays double-standards on race.

“If she were a white racist rather than an anti-white racist, she would never be hired. Professors are supposed to be experts in some scholarly field, and professionals in their classroom discourse. They don't have a license to indoctrinate students in their prejudices - whether those prejudices are right or left,” he said.

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people.

“Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

Free speech advocates say that Grundy should have a right to her speech, but say the university speech policy is hypocritical because it allows the university to censor offensive or bigoted speech if it wanted to.

“Professor Grundy should and must have the freedom to publicly express her opinions on controversial topics. Unfortunately, though, [she] could be punished if she were to send such tweets through the BU computer network, as the university bans ‘transmitting...offensive’ material,” Robert Shibley of Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told FoxNews.com.

“In addition, if she were a student, she could also potentially be punished for violating policies banning ‘bigotry, hatred, and intolerance,’ and for not expressing her opinion ‘in good taste and decency.’ … [BU] should eliminate these policies so that it can defend every student and faculty member's right to free speech – not just Professor Grundy's.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/08...ersial-tweets/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boston University condemns prof's racist tweets after Terrier alums bark

By Maxim Lott
    Published May 11, 2015 FoxNews.com

NOW PLAYINGBoston University prof under fire for controversial tweets
    Boston University had a weekend change of heart about a new professor's angry tweets about white people, after FoxNews.com and others reported on the racially-charged comments -- and Terrier alumni threatened to stop writing checks.

Saida Grundy, an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at the school, tweeted in recent weeks that "white masculinity is THE problem for america’s (sic) colleges," white men are a "problem population,” and that she tries to avoid shopping at white-owned businesses. On Friday, her new employer's spokesman, Colin Riley, told FoxNews.com that the tweets came from Grundy's personal Twitter account and that she was "exercising her right to free speech and we respect her right to do so.”

" ... we are deeply saddened when anyone makes such offensive statements.”
    - Colin Riley, Boston University spokesman

Then, amid a deluge of angry emails from former students, the school sought to amend the comment.

“The University does not condone racism or bigotry in any form and we are deeply saddened when anyone makes such offensive statements,” Riley told FoxNews.com Saturday.

The tweets were first noticed by a student at University of Massachusetts Amherst, Nick Pappas, who posted them on his website “SoCawlege.com” and questioned how Grundy could teach a diverse classroom given the racial hostility in her tweets.

“You have to teach college-aged white males eventually, no?... this seems like you are unqualified to grade their work as you clearly demonstrate some kind of special bias against them,” he wrote.

After the news broke, some alumni and donors wrote the school to complain.

“It is truly a sad day to be a BU alum,” one Boston University graduate from the class of 2008 told FoxNews.com, and shared a letter he had sent to University President Robert Brown and the dean of students.

“In light of the university’s willingness to invite vile rhetoric onto a campus that I spent four wonderful years at, I commit to never donate to Boston University,” he wrote in his letter.

Another wrote, “As a Boston University alumnus and a father of a son who will graduate from BU next week, I am deeply saddened by this revelation. It has become apparent that BU no longer supports a value system in line with human decency.”

Although Riley's condemnation of the racist tweets was new, he reiterated that Grundy had a right to sound off against white males.

“ ... the opinions expressed by Dr. Grundy, in what were seemingly private electronic messages, constitutes her opinion and we must recognize her right to have that opinion whether or not we agree,” Riley said.

Grundy did not respond to requests for comment from FoxNews.com, and has made her twitter account private. She will start working at the university in June.

"I'm not surprised that Boston University is hiring a racist to teach African-American Studies," David Horowitz, author of “Reforming our Univerisities,” told FoxNews.com. "Anti-white racism is rampant in Black Studies programs."

Horowitz added that the university’s reaction betrays double-standards on race.

“If she were a white racist rather than an anti-white racist, she would never be hired. Professors are supposed to be experts in some scholarly field, and professionals in their classroom discourse. They don't have a license to indoctrinate students in their prejudices -- whether those prejudices are right or left,” he said.

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance incorrectly claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people. “Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

Free speech advocates say that Grundy should have a right to her speech, but say the university speech policy is hypocritical because it allows the university to censor offensive or bigoted speech if it wanted to.

“Professor Grundy should and must have the freedom to publicly express her opinions on controversial topics. Unfortunately, though, [she] could be punished if she were to send such tweets through the BU computer network, as the university bans ‘transmitting...offensive’ material,” Robert Shibley of Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told FoxNews.com.

“In addition, if she were a student, she could also potentially be punished for violating policies banning ‘bigotry, hatred, and intolerance,’ and for not expressing her opinion ‘in good taste and decency.’ … [BU] should eliminate these policies so that it can defend every student and faculty member's right to free speech – not just Professor Grundy's.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/11...er-alums-bark/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boston U prof now sorry for 'indelicate' tweets blasting white men

By Maxim Lott
    Published May 13, 2015 FoxNews.com

Boston University Professor Saida Grundy's tweets deriding white men are her business, according to the school. (Boston University)

A newly hired Boston University professor is sorry for her "indelicate" tweets bashing white males and vows to be fair to all of her students, after the school's president and several alumni complained that her comments were bigoted.

Saida Grundy, an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at the school, had tweeted in recent weeks that "white masculinity is THE problem for america’s (sic) colleges," that white men are a "problem population,” and that “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.”

“In light of the university’s willingness to invite vile rhetoric onto a campus that I spent four wonderful years at, I commit to never donate to Boston University.”
    - Boston University graduate

Although she declined to comment to FoxNews.com in stories about the controversy, she released a statement Tuesday in which she said the tweets were the result of “personal passion” surrounding unspecified “events we now witness with regularity in our nation.”

“I regret that my personal passion about issues surrounding these events led me to speak about them indelicately," Grundy said. "I deprived them of the nuance and complexity that such subjects always deserve."

She also promised to be fair to her students, even white males.

“I take seriously my responsibility to create an inclusive learning environment for all of my students," she added. "Both professionally and ethically, I am unequivocally committed to ensuring that my classroom is a space where all students are welcomed.”

Her statement followed one from Boston University president Robert Brown, her new boss, and it happens, a white male.

“We are disappointed and concerned by statements that reduce individuals to stereotypes on the basis of a broad category such as sex, race, or ethnicity," Brown wrote in a blast e-mail to the "Boston University community." "I believe Dr. Grundy’s remarks fit this characterization,” he said in a statement.

Boston University says no action will be taken against Grundy, saying that the tweets are her free speech. She will start working at the university in June.

“We acknowledge Dr. Grundy’s right to hold and express her opinions,” Brown said.

The tweets were first noticed by a student at University of Massachusetts Amherst, Nick Pappas, who posted them on his website “SoCawlege.com” and questioned how Grundy could teach a diverse classroom given the racial hostility in her tweets.

“You have to teach college-aged white males eventually, no?... this seems like you are unqualified to grade their work as you clearly demonstrate some kind of special bias against them,” he wrote.

After the news broke, some alumni and donors wrote the school to complain.

“It is truly a sad day to be a BU alum,” one Boston University graduate from the class of 2008 told FoxNews.com, and shared a letter he had sent to Brown and the dean of students.

“In light of the university’s willingness to invite vile rhetoric onto a campus that I spent four wonderful years at, I commit to never donate to Boston University,” he wrote in his letter.

Another wrote, “As a Boston University alumnus and a father of a son who will graduate from BU next week, I am deeply saddened by this revelation. It has become apparent that BU no longer supports a value system in line with human decency.”

"I'm not surprised that Boston University is hiring a racist to teach African-American Studies," David Horowitz, author of“Reforming our Univerisities,”told FoxNews.com. "Anti-white racism is rampant in Black Studies programs."

Horowitz added that the university’s reaction betrays double-standards on race.

“If she were a white racist rather than an anti-white racist, she would never be hired,” he said.

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance incorrectly claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people. “Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

“Professor Grundy should and must have the freedom to publicly express her opinions on controversial topics. Unfortunately, though, [she] could be punished if she were to send such tweets through the BU computer network, as the university bans‘transmitting...offensive’ material,” Robert Shibley of Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told FoxNews.com.

The author, Maxim Lott, can be reached atwww.maximlott.comor at maxim.lott@foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/13...cmp=latestnews

NO AMNESTY

Saida Grundy, Boston U. professor, charged with felony identity theft in 2008

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Friday, May 22, 2015
    Saida Grundy, the controversial incoming Boston University professor who recently apologized for calling white males are a “problem population,” was reportedly charged in 2008 with felony identity theft after she made a fake account for another woman on the adult website Fling.com.

In December 2007, as Ms. Grundy was still attending grad school at the University of Michigan, she created a fake account on the adult website, according to court records obtained by Boston.com. The fake ad depicted a woman who was dating the same man that Ms. Grundy was also involved with.

Ms. Grundy
    had reportedly obtained the photos of the woman by accessing the man’s email account, Boston.com said.

SEE ALSO: Saida Grundy, Boston U. professor, accused of taunting white rape victim: ‘Go cry somewhere’

According to Ann Arbor police, Ms. Grundy said it was a “jealous” act regarding another man.

She was charged in 2008 with felony counts of identity theft and using computers to commit a crime, Boston.com reported. She was also charged with a misdemeanor count of malicious use of a telecommunications service, the report said.

Ms. Grundy
    eventually pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor in exchange for dismissal of the felonies. Her probation ended in June 2009, Boston.com reported.

SEE ALSO: Boston University ‘deeply saddened’ by Saida Grundy’s racially-charged tweets

In a statement to Boston.com, Ms. Grundy said: “When this incident occurred I was 24, and exercised the poor judgment of a heartbroken 24 year old. I took accountability then as I do now. I hold true to the lessons learned, and my life has since moved on.”

The university’s senior vice president of external affairs, Steve Burgay, said Ms. Grundy’s conviction will not affect her employment at the school.

“A number of years ago, when she was a student at the University of Michigan, Dr. Grundy made a mistake,” Mr. Burgay told Boston.com.

“She admitted the mistake, accepted the consequences, and brought closure to that case,” he said. “Eight years later, we do not see any reason to reopen it.”

Ms. Grundy first made national news this month after tweeting that white, college-aged males are a “problem population.” She is also accused of mercilessly mocking a white rape victim in a series of Facebook exchanges in February.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3b62lmPSF

NO AMNESTY

So now Boston University is hiring anti white racists with criminal records! Way to go Boston University, I hope your students all bail out of your school!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She's not really sorry, she's just sorry she got caught. SHE'S the racist here. And BU defending her is outrageous. If a white prof had said the same of blacks, he'd be out pounding the pavement looking for another job!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This woman has a serious problem and has no business whatsoever teaching anyone! Apparently compassion is not part of her makeup.

Saida Grundy, Boston U. professor, accused of taunting white rape victim: ‘Go cry somewhere’

By Jessica Chasmar -
    The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Boston University has reportedly been alerted of a new online exchange in which controversial professor Saida Grundy allegedly taunted a white rape victim and angrily told her to “go cry somewhere.”

Ms. Grundy, a newly hired black sociology professor who recently apologized for tweeting that white males are a “problem population,” is now accused of mercilessly mocking Meghan Chamberlin in a Facebook thread on Feb. 25, Fox News reported.

The woman who wrote, “my name is *Sai*, but you can call me Dr. Grundy,” posted the comments after Ms. Chamberlin took issue with an article on racism and sexism by The Grio that the Facebook thread had linked to, Fox News reported.

“I LITERALLY cry and lose sleep over this,” Ms. Chamberlin wrote, adding she had been raped as a child, Fox reported. “What this article did was tell me that I’m not aloud [sic] to ask for help… Because I am a WHITE woman… So when I read this article… you do understand what that does to me, right? It kills me…”

“‘I literally cry’…. While we literally die,” replied the woman identified as Sai Grundy, using the same profile photo the Boston University professor used on tweets she acknowledged last week, Fox News reported.

“[T]ry this article. A white woman explaining this issue to other white women… who manages NOT to cry while doing it!” Ms. Grundy wrote.

Ms. Chamberlin responded: “No really. I got it. You can take your claws out, thanks.”

To which Ms. Grundy exploded:

“THIS IS THE [expletive] I AM TALKING ABOUT. WHY DO YOU GET TO PLAY THE VICTIM EVERY TIME PEOPLE OF COLOR AND OUR ALLIES WANT TO POINT OUT RACISM. my CLAWS?? Do you see how you just took an issue that WASNT about you, MADE it about you, and NOW want to play the victim when I take the time to explain to you some [expletive] that is literally $82,000 below my pay grade? And then you promote your #whitegirltears like that’s some badge you get to wear… YOU BENEFIT FROM RACISM. WE’RE EXPLAINING THAT TO YOU and you’re vilifying my act of intellectual altruism by saying i stuck my “claws” into you?”

Ms. Chamberlin
    responded: “I am choosing to ‘exit’ this conversation. You don’t know me. I don’t know you. It’s really as simple as that.”

Ms. Grundy responded:
    “YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW ME. what you SHOULD know is that you don’t know more about this issue than marginalized women. And instead of entering this conversation with an iota of humility about that, you have made it a celebration of your false sense of victimization. now go cry somewhere. since that’s what you do.”

The exchange was taken down from Frank William Miller Junior’s Facebook page late Wednesday after Fox News asked him what he thought of the comments.

Ms. Grundy did not return an email or a phone call from Fox News about her alleged posts and by Thursday morning, her Facebook page was disabled.

Ms. Chamberlin told Fox News that she was shaken by the exchange.

“What that day did was send me back years,” she said. “I felt like I was being “shhhh’d” again… I didn’t know Dr. Grundy was a professor or a doctor until she stated so… when I read that, the kick in the gut felt deeper.”

A woman involved in the Facebook thread told Fox News that she forwarded screenshots of the exchange to Boston University officials. The university has not taken any disciplinary action toward Ms. Grundy after it condemned racist statements she made on Twitter.

“We are disappointed and concerned by statements that reduce individuals to stereotypes on the basis of a broad category such as sex, race, or ethnicity,” President Robert Brown wrote in an email blast last Tuesday to the Boston University community.

Ms. Grundy then released a statement saying she regretted that her “personal passion” allowed her to speak about important issues “indelicately.”

“I deprived them of the nuance and complexity that such subjects always deserve,” she said.

The university has yet to respond to the new alleged exchange on Facebook.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...=all#pagebreak

SERIOUSLY?!?! "LORD COMMANDER?!?!"

Can you say "ego problem"? "Illusions of grandeur"? This woman is demented!