Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boy, American dad arrive in US from Brazil

Boy, American dad arrive in US from Brazil
    By BRADLEY BROOKS and MICHAEL SCHNEIDER, Associated Press Writers Bradley Brooks And Michael Schneider, Associated Press Writers
    6 mins ago

ORLANDO, Fla. – The father of a 9-year-old boy at the center of a five-year custody battle across two continents looked at his son sleeping peacefully on a flight to the U.S. and said he loves him.

Sean Goldman and his dad, David Goldman of Tinton Falls, N.J., landed in Orlando Thursday evening on a jet chartered by NBC.

In an interview with NBC, Goldman said, "My little boy is 5 feet away, sound asleep, peaceful. We're on our way. My heart is just melting. I love him."

The scene earlier was much different, when the two were reunited in Rio de Janeiro. The youngster was forced to squeeze though a jostling crowd of reporters and photographers.

The arrival ends a battle that pitted Sean's father against the boy's Brazilian stepfather, who had cared for Sean since his mother died last year.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The father of a 9-year-old boy at the center of a five-year custody battle across two continents looked at his son sleeping on a flight to the U.S. and was relieved it was peaceful.

Sean Goldman and his dad, David Goldman of Tinton Falls, N.J., landed in Orlando Thursday evening on a jet chartered by NBC.

In an interview with NBC, Goldman said, "My little boy is 5 feet away, sound asleep, peaceful. We're on our way. My heart is just melting. I love him."

The scene earlier was much different, when the two were reunited in Rio de Janeiro. The youngster was forced to squeeze though a jostling crowd of reporters and photographers.

The arrival ends a battle that pitted Sean's father against the boy's Brazilian stepfather, who had cared for Sean since his mother died last year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091225/ap_ ... ody_battle

From what I just heard on Fox was that the US told Brazil we would block anymore duty-free imports from that country until Sean was returned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is so great. I felt so sorry for the father for what he went through. The 'wife' tells him her and the son are going to Brazil for a 'vacation', then files for divorce, marries somebody else and abducts the child in the process. Planned or what? After her death there shouldn't of been an issue on a 'custody battle.' It was downright abduction and the child has nothing biologically to do with the stepfather~ disgusting what the stepfather put the boy through enroute to meet his real father:

The Goldmans: Father and Son Reunited
    Thu Dec 24, 11:30PM PT - ABC News 1:11 | 27101 views
    Sean Goldman spends Christmas with his father after a long custody battle.

short video
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749 ... d-17304452

After this 4 year fiasco I feel that the boy will have a rough time adapting, thanks to his messed up mother and her 'husband.' I wish the best to Mr. Goldman, his son and family~