Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boycott McDonalds beef

S. American beef @ Mcdonalds

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating.

This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association. American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt. Please pass it on. Just to add a note.

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference.
    If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.
    ACAP Department of Animal Science
    Texas A&M University
    Phone (979) 845-3560
    Fax (979) 862-3399
    2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471
    ------------------------

I have not eaten at Mc D's for many years because they hire illegals and they sell unhealthy food. None of my friends eat there either. But I will send out an email to them anyway as I know they will be very happy to help spread this all over the net. Yet one more reason not to go to Mc D's. I am sure all other fast food restaurants do this as well. I shun them all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yea, I stopped buying fast food years ago myself.

Most their food is artificial
    ------------------------

don't eat at micky d's but will happily forward this to family & friends.

Thanks, mkfarnam! We don't eat much red meat, but when we do, I buy only that from the good 'ol USA!

And what's the excuse for importing beef from Mexico.........because their cattle are willing to do the jobs American cattle won't do?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    I don't patronize McDonald's or any of the fast food places but I will forward this to others. There are also a lot of co-ops for good grass fed American grown beef that supports Americans farmers. A little more pricey but at least you know the origin and processing of your meats. A good one is US Wellness Meats. http://www.grasslandbeef.com/

My first thought when I read the title, was you mean they use beef? LOL On extreemly rare occations, will I ever eat at McDonalds........I'm not sure what they are feeding me, but it's sure not what I used to have. When I do, I'm usually queezy and have other issues after eating there. It's definately not the McDonalds I grew up on.

I know my husband worked for a cheap chain grocery store. They bought their beef from South America. He had to re-wrap it and then put the USDA sticker on it. Now mind you, he's no inspector and I saw nothing on any of the items indicating it was inspected before either, or who did the inspections. Red flags were flying for me with that. Hated to think all it took was a spool of stickers and wa-la....inspected.

I though with the new stickers to identify where stuff came from would help as well........not so. Beef from USA, or Canada or Mexico etc....to where we still don't know where it came from, or if it's mixed in with ours. I am a beef girl.....period. Ain't gonna get out of here alive anyway and I plan to enjoy all the beef I can.....preferably USA beef.

Even the better restaurants have no idea where their food stuff comes from as they rely on suppliers like Sysco for their stock. And with a huge company like Sysco, the only ones that know where the food comes from are the buyers. If you order even a case of avocado, the distributor will mix the products repacking the huge shipment from Mexico with the leftovers from California shipments.
    It is all about money, because I am amazed that here I don't get Fla. oranges, but from South Africa? And there have been reports that the majority of our apple juice comes from China, along with vitamin C.
    Since the taxpayer dollar goes to subsidize our ag industry, why don't we end up being sure what we eat complies with American standards?

Boycotting McDonalds isn't easy to do when you have a 6 year old. For now, it's only about once a month. I try to use Jack in the Box whenever I can since they support and use e-verify.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&