Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BREAKING NEWS Health Care Bill Unconstitutionality VOTE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Ensign, DeMint to Force Vote on Health Care Bill Unconstitutionality

December 22, 2009 - WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senators Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) and John Ensign (R-Nevada), raised a Constitutional Point of Order on the Senate floor against the Democrat health care takeover bill on behalf of the Steering Committee, a caucus of conservative senators. The Senate will vote tomorrow on the bill’s constitutionality.

“I am incredibly concerned that the Democrats’ proposed individual mandate provision takes away too much freedom and choice from Americans across the country,â€

April
    WOW now we might be getting somewhere!

DO you have a link for this?

Awesome news.

The Senate Republicans failed to ever make a fuss about the individual mandate. If I had to guess, it would be because Bob Bennett of Utah, who whispers in Mitch McConnell’s ear more than any other Senator, is a huge proponent of the individual mandate and, as luck would have it, is about to get a Democratic health care bill that looks almost identical to his own Wyden-Bennett compromise plan. As an added bonus, he can vote against it and still see it pass.

Nonetheless, there are serious issues about the constitutionality of the individual mandate. The federal constitution sets forth the limited powers of the federal government and not one of those powers seems to suggest that the Congress of the United States can compel the citizens of the nation to buy certain products.

Jim DeMint and John Ensign are going to force a vote on the issue. Democrats will be forced to take a position on whether or not the federal government can force individuals to buy products on pain of criminal penalty.

“I am incredibly concerned that the Democrats’ proposed individual mandate provision takes away too much freedom and choice from Americans across the country,â€

My god, how many of us are wishing for Bush or McCain again? Obama is so bad anything RED will look good, neo-conjob or not.

April
    Time to KICK THEM ALL OUT AND PUT PATRIOTS in Office!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    My god, how many of us are wishing for Bush or McCain again? Obama is so bad anything RED will look good, neo-conjob or not.
    Hell, I was telling my Dad in Idaho today that at this point, I'd take Bill Clinton again!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one word for what is being done to the American people with this so called POS "health bill"

.....................CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    Hell, I was telling my Dad in Idaho today that at this point, I'd take Bill Clinton again!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one word for what is being done to the American people with this so called POS "health bill"

.....................CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sic, I have one word....Intentional !
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

All I can say is that trash begets trash and from villans at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast