Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Britain releases 15 years of UFO documents

Britain releases 15 years of UFO documents

The British National Archives has released 15 years worth of UFO documents from the Ministry of Defense that include explanations for sightings ranging from advertising gimmicks to meteors, Reuters reports.

In one incident in 1995, two men in Staffordshire reported seeing an alien with a lemon-shaped head emerge from a hovering UFO and tell them, "We want you; come with us."

The news agency says the 609 sightings in 1996 are up from 117 in 1995 and coincide with the rise in popularity of the X Files TV show and release of the alien blockbuster film Independence Day.

The files (from the ministry, not Fox Mulder or Dana Scully) contain more than 4,000 pages. Most sightings are explained as bright stars, meteors, artificial satellites or balloons. About 10% are listed as unexplained, which include "insufficient information" for a judgment.

One series of widely reported sightings was explained as an airship advertising the launch of a Ford automobile, Reuters says.

The most intriguing document involves Britain's best known UFO incident, the Rendlesham Forest sightings of 1980 in which American Air Force men saw a series of mysterious lights.

Although the Thatcher government dismissed the incident, a letter from a former chief of defense staff in 1985 warned it not to be so cavalier, Reuters says.

"The case has puzzling and disquieting features which have never been satisfactorily explained ... which continue to preoccupy informed sections of the public," the letter said.

Click here for a look at the newly released files.

(Image from NBC)

Posted by Doug Stanglin at 10:54 AM/ET, August 18, 2009 in Europe, Health/Science, Human interest, Offbeat, Politics, Science, Space

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 ... ments.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

RELATED

Quest to find life beyond Earth gets technological boosts

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/sp ... rial_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am reading "Atlantis" by Shirley Andrews "Insights from the lost civilization". She has done an excellent research and compiling of information of travelers from space. I speed read the book 10 years ago, and now I am re-reading to gain knowledge of current situations of our world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting news! I wonder what Stanton Freidman thinks of this?

vmonkey56, I am going to have to pick up that book you are reading. I love books like that. Another interesting read is "The Day After Roswell" by Colonel Phillip Corso.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I have been a sci-fi buff for a long time, especially watching the old Twilight Zone episodes. There was one in the early sixties called "To Serve Man." Aliens had landed and were wonderful, enticing humans onto their spaceship to go to their home planet. The hero, a cryptographer was trying to translate a book aliens had given, called To Serve Man. And just as the cryptographer's girlfriend was about to get on the spaceship, he broke the code, came screaming to the landing site that it was not a book on alien assistance to man, but a COOKBOOK! An absolute classic if you can find an episode.
    Erich von Daniken has a load of books out there with proof of aliens coming to help humans advance in prehistory. There are a load of books about alien abductions, from folks like Whitley Streiber.
    True or not, it all makes a great diversion from healthcare reform, job loss, the economy, getting swarmed by illegals, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)