Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyYuma
    They need to cut the fat, instead of the leanness. They probably pay their upper echelons 3 figure salaries, like many other Governments have. Cut the fat!
    ========================================

They literally have NO CHOICE but to cut, cut CUT!

The bulk of their mail has been 2nd and 3rd class flyers and advertising for years. Their income revenue has been demolished by electronic media, namely the INTERNET.

Mail integrity requirements of FIRST CLASS MAIL is essentially the only thing that legitimizes the NEED for the post office any longer. Businesses and private citizens will ALWAYS have a need for hard copy correspondence to be physically delivered from sender to recipient.

But even hard copy receipt confirmation can be achieved electronically through electronic stamp which is encrypted enough to confirm receipt on the other end, as long as the sender and recipient both have electronic means to send and receive.

The REALLY BIG cost here is the hidden cost of postal worker's retirements. I certainly don't begrudge them of this, and there are many thousands of wonderful postal workers who have worked faithfully their entire lives for a decent retirement.

If you want to see someone REALLY GO POSTAL, have him work in the Postal Service for 30 years and then be told he will be losing some (or all) of their retirement.

And as you said, it is very quickly coming to the point the higher-paid employees will actually have to take PAY CUTS simply to still have an income AT ALL. And this will of course flow into every worker category from district managers to postmasters to janitors.

And this will also happen throughout ALL government employment. There is no way out of it.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    PLEASE HELP US MAKE THESE CALLS FOLKS! LET'S SHUT DOWN THE SWITCHBOARD!
    NEED HELP HERE

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-249311.html

Another reason we don't use mail anymore is due to criminals sifting through it. We are facing another threat using e- mail, like hackers, Big Brother, and etc... I support the USPS myself. Let the cops get the folks sifting through our mail. It is essentially the choice between our brethren, fellow Americans losing their jobs at USPS, or some electronic thing that has no life, future, etc... called e-mail.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12