Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Is The Budget Deal On The Verge Of Collapsing?

Is The Budget Deal On The Verge Of Collapsing?

by Tyler Durden
    04/12/2011 15:46 -0400
    184 comments

Something rather troubling for the "kick the bankrupt (and only modestly radioactive, still way below the unrevised legal threshold though) can down the street crowd"- Commentary Magazine reports http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... -over-yet/ that the "Budget Deal", won after so much theatrics, soap opera, and Razzie nominations, may in fact collapse shortly. http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... -over-yet/ "The big news today is that the $38.5 billion in budget cuts announced with such fanfare on Friday night mostly aren’t real. A good deal of it involves money from previous years and previous budgets that hasn’t actually been spent." Commentary refers to an AP article http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110412/ap_ ... wn_details in which it is made clear that the proposed legislation is one 'financed with a lot of one-time savings and cuts that officially "score" as savings to pay for spending elsewhere, but that often have little to no actual impact on the deficit...cuts to earmarks, unspent census money, leftover federal construction funding, and $2.5 billion from the most recent renewal of highway programs that can't be spent because of restrictions set by other legislation. Another $3.5 billion comes from unused spending authority from a program providing health care to children of lower-income families." And once the more vocal fringers realize they have been cheated once again by both parties, it is possible that the whole thing could just as easily fall apart, and just in time for the US debt ceiling to be breached within 1-2 weeks tops.
    The bottom line is that even the woefully inadequate number of cuts previously cited, as great success for the GOP, is big fat lie:

The total amount actually cut appears to be somewhere between $8 and $14 billion.

The politics here are very complicated now. On the one hand, polls suggest the public is overwhelmingly in favor of there having been a deal, around 60 percent or so. On the other, politically engaged people on both the Right and the Left are profoundly upset by what they take to be unprincipled caving on the part of the leaders of the two parties.

That profound concern is likely to spur a populist revolt this week, over the next 72 hours, before the vote is taken. Already there are indications that a great many House members are going to vote against the deal. What we don’t know, or can’t know, is whether grass-roots velocity has sped up to such a degree over the past several years that we could be looking at a major meltdown of support when the votes are cast, as Republican members honestly balk at the clear deceit of the negotiators in making non-existent cuts in federal spending—and as they fear the wrath of the voters (particularly tea partiers). Meanwhile, Leftist Democrats who feel betrayed by Barack Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid might also decide to teach them a lesson by withholding support.

And then, all of a sudden, there will be a shutdown. And no plan to end it. And make no mistake—the public will blame the GOP.

Those who wish to replicate the math can do so using the GOP Summary of the Continuing Resolution.

Republican Budget Deal Summary http://www.scribd.com/doc/52844794/Repu ... al-Summary

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/budget ... collapsing
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The bottom line is that even the woefully inadequate number of cuts previously cited, as great success for the GOP, is big fat lie:

The total amount actually cut appears to be somewhere between $8 and $14 billion.
    We Now Have New Republican Leadership and that Turd floating in the Punch Bowl belongs to THEM ~ the Republican Leadership

I'll ask again... did Pelosi and Obama make Boehner cry

We elected you into power as you say that you can cut 100 Billion from the budget..... you wet your pants, caved in and came up saying we won... and have 38 Billion in cuts .. when in fact all you have is somewhere between $8 and $14 billion. Am I too assume you lied about the amount to get the Junior class of Republicans to sign onto this flaky deal... if that's the case you are a lier and need to be removed from the leadership role... We don't want or need another Nancy Pelosi and that's all you have become.

Lets put this into perspective 100 Billion equals 100% cut in the Budget

you came running out the door and said wooo hooo we got 38 Billion in cuts

so far your batting at 38% of what you said you could do

Turns out you only got $8 and $14 billion in cuts

so you are batting at 8 - 14 percent

So tell me America... is this who you want leading your team into the big game ... someone thats proud of their 8 - 14 percent performance and trys to sell it as they are the best thing going right now

I didn't think so ~ Let the Firings begin

this is the New Scandal (Lying to make yourself look strong; when in fact you capitulated) .... If you are too weak to do what has to be done ~ RESIGN; and GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY

Mark Lavin has been slamming the GOP for 2 days now; I suggest you wake up America and FAST
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lets put this into a Boxing perspective

Put me in the ring coach.. I'm the champ of the world .... I'm throwing 100 punches and my opponent aint gonna touch me 100 Billion = 100 Punches

as you were getting your ass handed to you after the first round and your sitting in your corner you say... coach .. I know I look banged up; with 2 black and blue eyes that are swollen shut; teeth are knocked out of your head and blood is every where and it all belongs to you

you look through those swollen eyes and say coach... I'm winning .. I have only been landing 38 percent of my punches which means hes been landing 62 percent of the punches and you say.. but my 38 percent are solid blows and he's going down in the next round

turns out you were delirious about that 38% of punches landing and only got in 8 - 14 percent

and it turns out you were Billy Bob Thorton fighting Mike Tyson so that 8 - 14 percent had no effect and Mike Tyson cold cocked you with 86 - 92 percent punches, all landed and put you in the E.R. and to beat it all we got the bill for your hospital stay

Whodathunkit that you were so proud of your achievement and shocked that we are not

Broke ass Republicans .. same pile of dog shit just on a differant shoe