Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Bush: Downright sunny on GOP's 2008 prospects

Bush: Downright sunny on GOP's 2008 prospects
    March 13, 8:37 AM

President George W. Bush spoke before the National Republican Congressional Committee last night and offered a more positive assessment of his party's chances in November than Republicans are used to hearing.

Some highlights:

-"I don't know about you, but I'm excited about the year 2008. I intend to finish strong, with my head held high. And I intend to work to see to it that we keep the White House and elect John Boehner Speaker of the House of Representatives."

-"First, you're going to be welcoming a new keynote speaker -- President John McCain."

-"I also want to welcome all the candidates who are running for office. You know, it's not an easy decision to make to run for the United States Congress. But it's a noble decision. And it's a tough decision for your families. And so I want to thank you for agreeing to run. I want to thank your families for agreeing to support you. My advice is work hard, talk about what's in your heart, let the people know your values, and win. And I think you will. I think 2008 is going to be a fabulous year for the Republican Party."

-"And the reason why I believe that is because when the American people look at our ideals versus the ideals of the Democrats, when they look at what we believe versus what they believe, they're with us. We represent the values of the American people. Our ideas are the ones embraced by the folks. They may not be the ones that the pundits listen to, but they're the ones who are out working every single day to make America a great and hopeful place. (Applause.)"

-"I firmly believe that we can retake the House. I know we'll hold the White House. And I know it's necessary for the United States of America that we do both."

http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_ ... -prospects
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Comments (245) | Add Comment
    Mr. Speaker: Yay bush told me it was true so it must be!! Yay four more years of a plummeting dollar and rising cost of living!! Yay the world will hate us more! Yay I love corporatocracy! I read drudge and listen to rightwing radio yay! The biggest problem facing us today is islamofascism yay!
    You great patriot republicans are really special... in the short bus kind of way.

Republicans 08: Reinforcing every bad stereotype the rest of the world has about Americans.
    March 13, 6:48 PM
    Ron Sapp: Oh, and I approve of this message.
    March 13, 6:31 PM
    Ron Sapp: Great that the Democrats are in a cesspool of calamity in trying to find the final nominee. Recall the dangling chads ? What they are embroiled in can't even compare to way back then when Florida again can't get it right, what a joke. The Party is disintegrating before your eyes and its going to worsen. Their coffers continue to dwindle, and in the meantime while they banter, John McCain has plenty of time with the GOP to plot for the race to the WH. I love it, and I congratulate GW for who he is, and I agree the Republicans will rule the roost, and the Oval Office. McCain & Romney in 2008. My choice, and hope it comes to that in the Fall. Democrats = Losers, and everyday they look more pitiful.

R. Sapp
    March 13, 6:29 PM
    US Citizen: Hooray for the W! Woohoo. Glad we had the W to flush America down the crapper. It's all about big business, baby... Never mind those Democrats who brought some prosperity to this country in the 90's. Keep up the great work...W. Glad to know we all are very concerned about everyone else's sex life while living on our credit cards and losing our homes. Maybe, we can start living in our gas eating SUV's. Woohoo, to the Oil execs.....Maybe we can apply for a job at the world's largest US embassy in Iraq.. Way to go for the one party rule!!
    March 13, 6:16 PM
    Marie819: These comments crack me up. First I heard for 5 years, how the USA went into Iraq just for the gas. And now that the gas prices are up so high, it is because we went into Iraq. Listen People, it is not the President who is bringing up the gas prices. It is because other countries, Like China And India, or demanding so much gas now and that is driving up the Gas. You guys must be democrats, you never do your homework.
    March 13, 6:12 PM
    Let It Begin With Me: How does all the name calling - from both sides - make this a better country? What I see, mostly, is that the Democrats have become the "party of hate" - and proud of it. Very few of the postings of Republicans have the vitriol and hysteria I'm reading from the left. But all of us need to stop this.

Based on what I'm reading, it's not our leaders who are the problem. It's us. Stop it.
    March 13, 6:04 PM
    Live Free or Die: President Bush….unfortunately needs a reality check. I am a life long republican, and going into this Election season I still wan to know who the republican candidate is?? McCain???? Are you kidding me??? All I will have come November will be the choice between to liberals….excuse me….I mean progressives…..what ever the heck that means…..and don’t try that lesser of 2 evils garbage… that’s how we got where we are now…..a one party system!!!! I will be voting for my local government officials and I will be writing in Pat Buchanan for president!! I suggest everyone do the same…write in whom ever closest represents your belief structure…..Stop letting the old boys club run away with our country!!
    March 13, 6:03 PM
    OMG: ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!! VERY SCARED FOR U.S....
    March 13, 5:58 PM
    Lawrence: Talk about disconnect. Doesn't Bush know that most republicans now despise him and the direction of the Republican Party? Bush has wrecked the economy, lost the house and the senate for the Republicans, and started a foolish war in Iraq. Talk about ISOLATED!
    March 13, 5:50 PM
    James: Look, I and others in family and friends have voted for Bush but as of late Mr. Bush has been doing a lousy job (High gas prices, jobs continually going over seas etc..) and am greatly disappointed. he (Bush) best not think we are taken for granted on automatically voting republician again, Mr. Obama seems to be a better choice of change.
    March 13, 5:44 PM
    Concerned Citizen: George Bush must be in a state of total denial. Our country is heading into fiscal crisis, the war is absolutely the worst thing we should have done, and our President is just totally out of touch. How sad for us..........
    March 13, 5:29 PM
    WTF OvEr: Sally: Yes and 10 to 20 million.
    March 13, 5:25 PM
    Sally: Thank you for generalizing WTF OvEr. All black people can dance, right? All Mexicans are illegal, right?

Great work...
    March 13, 5:23 PM
    WTF OvEr: I agree the President has made some colossally bad decisions. But let us not forget what options we had at the time Gore (dear Lord) or Kerry (eeesh). The W obviously is not the best of the best but it’s not like the Dems have anything to brag about, their leadership has been crap-tacular as well.
    March 13, 5:19 PM
    Linda S.: David, do you think that the uncertainty in America’s desire to consume might have something to do with the fact that they are having to pay $3.30 for a gallon of gas and the price is still rising, that their utility bill has tripled in the past two years, that their food cost is rising, that anything sold in a store has a price that is increasing? This country has not been willing to built nuclear plants, build any new gas refineries, or DRILL FOR OIL and maybe that might just have a direct relation on the rising cost of living in this country. By the way, NAFTA does not keep us from drilling in ANWR or off the coast of Florida or California.

The war in Iraq would have been entirely different and over in short order had the left in this country supported the idea of bring freedom to the people of Iraq and not worked to encourage the insurgency. Even, today, the left wants the US to fail in Iraq and in Afghanistan. What they fail to understand is that if we do fail, we not only lose Iraq we will lose our country as well.
    March 13, 5:16 PM
    Bill: Bush is the biggest con artist to ever come down the Presidential pike in recent history. His incompetance never ceases to amaze me. The man is completely off the rails as far as reality is concerned. He has destroyed the Republican party like no one could ever have imagined in the last 7 years. Forget a third party. I would just like a competitive two party system. Bush is stunning to me!!!!
    March 13, 5:11 PM
    painhertz: Looks like W has the fix in already.
    March 13, 4:54 PM
    Fozzie: Wacka Wacka Wacka!!!
    March 13, 4:51 PM
    Larry: What do you mean free? I pay for school. I don't know what you are talking about.
    March 13, 4:50 PM
    Darrell: Larry,
    Wait until you get that free education before you burn the flag.
    March 13, 4:48 PM
    Larry: Oh MichaelinDiego, I won't. You are such a patriot!! I'll burn a flag in your honor. Maybe you could send me your address so I could write to you and let you know how it's going. You can write back and tell me how your dollar is doing...you think?
    March 13, 4:45 PM
    Darrell: Hey Larry, maybe you could room with Alec Baldwin in Europe when the Republicans win.
    March 13, 4:43 PM
    WTF OvEr: I forgot the disclaimer: I do not advise putting milk in your vehicle. I assumed that would be common sense. But I forgot that there are people that actually think the President of the United States sets the price of oil. I should have been clearer. My point is oil is a product (that is difficult and expensive to yield) and is relatively inexpensive compared to how vital it is. BTW I would like to thank all those “unionâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep...because they've already "fixed" the election!