Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Still Lies about Iraqi Inspections

This is Alice in Wonderland. Even with MY memory I remember that weapons inspectors were crawling all over Iraq before Bush ordered them out so he could start bombing.

Bush Still Lies about Iraqi Inspections[quote]In what’s been called George W. Bush’s first exit interview, the outgoing President continues a lie that he first unveiled several months after launching the Iraq War, justifying the invasion by claiming that Saddam Hussein didn’t let the U.N. inspectors in.

Like previous times when President Bush has used this lie, it went unchallenged by the journalist who heard the false claim, in this case ABC News anchor Charles Gibson.

According to the text of the ABC News interview, which was released Dec. 1, Gibson asked Bush, “If the [U.S.] intelligence had been right [and revealed no Iraq WMD], would there have been an Iraq War?â€

I am for this but isn't it a little late. This should have been done years ago.

Do you think he is lying, or is he really just not very informed? I always had the impression that Cheney was really the Commander in Chief, and Bush just tried to play the part on TV.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

If you have ever read USMC Scott Ritter's book: During his leadership of the Weapons Inspectors---prior to Hans Blix---yes, there were weapons inspections. But it often came only after a showdown.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)