Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

CA Budget Deficit Now $42 Billion

California Crisis May Crunch $3.8 Billion of Jobs in Slowdown

By Michael Janofsky

Dec. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Just $5 million of work is needed to complete a new California Court of Appeals building in Santa Ana. The state may not have the money, and come July judges may be writing opinions in their living rooms.

“I’ve been on the bench for 23 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: CA Budget Deficit Now $42 Billion

Last I knew, a month ago it was 11 million?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The California Pooled Money Investment Board, a committee that manages state spending, voted Dec. 17 to halt construction outlays for six months, which could hurt an economy that has lost more than 118,000 construction jobs in the last two years.
    And how many of those construction jobs were done by illegals, who may put the price of a taco or two back into the economy, while they send remittances out of the country and suck our social services dry?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Seems to me, illegal workers simply turn to social services when the work dries up. I believe cash-basis workers already use social services to supplement their incomes but those who heretofore haven't used it, now will. Their choice is simple. Return to Mexico and receive nothing. Or stay here and receive something. Even Ahnold doesn't have the courage to deny them food and shelter. The problem as I see it, is California's problem dwarfs all the other states and it's clear all the taxpayers -- about half the citizens -- will be tapped to bail them out. Kinda' reminds me of other bailouts. Only the taxpayers have to pay for the insanity. Those who don't pay taxes -- about half the nation -- get a pass. There seems to be something innately wrong with that picture.
    '58 Airedale

The sales tax in L A County just went up to 10% and then there are other taxes like the gasoline tax etc. so the illegals do pay something but obviously it's not enough. However, if there's going to be a tax increase than I would prefer it being something that everybody has to pay like the sales tax since that would hit the illegals too. And why aren't they taxing remittances? There should be a 10% tax on that at least. But Arnold & Friends don't want to antagonize one of his voting blocs.

Both these cities are highly infested with illegal aliens. I don't feel at all sorry for those public employees, they have turned a blind eye for decades to the problems which finally are impacting them. Happy Karma!!

Re: CA Budget Deficit Now $42 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    California can’t afford to finance all of them and pay for such everyday needs as health-care benefits for the state’s 238,816 employees
    Yet continues to pay for heath-care, education, food-stamps and other "free" social service benefits to illegals?????

Tom2"
    Even Arnold doesn't have the courage to deny them food and shelter.
    Give them a donut on the bus home to MEXICO Arnold!!
    There's the food and shelter ARNOLD!!!

The problem as I see it, is California's problem dwarfs all the other states and it's clear all the taxpayers -- about half the citizens -- will be tapped to bail them out.

I'm not accepting that yet! CA should have to stop all services for illegals BEFORE they are helped!!!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris