Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-As California Goes Down, L.A. Drastically Cuts Child Serv

Cuts coming to child care services provided by City of L.A.

L.A. Times
    February 23, 2010

Child-care services provided by the city of Los Angeles will be dramatically scaled back and cut as the city rushes to patch a $212-million shortfall.

The move is one of the harsh realities facing city officials as they move to eliminate as many as 4,000+ city jobs to deal with a budget deficit that could grow to over $1 billion within the next few years.

About 900 children are enrolled in the city’s 26 licensed child-care centers. While those programs cost the city more than $7 million annually, the city collects only $2 million, in part because officials charge an average of $250 per month.

“We are excessively subsidizing our program and we can no longer afford to do that,â€

Banned
    “We took a lucky 1% or 2% of people who need child care and said ‘You’ve just won the lottery,’â€

Cuts coming to child care services provided by City of L.A.

This is California, they need to cut allot of services. They won't though. This is all talk.

Re: Cuts coming to child care services provided by City of L

Quote Originally Posted by jackson51
    This is California, they need to cut allot of services. They won't though. This is all talk.
    This will be just the tip of the iceberg and I'm not so sure they will have a choice. The state is totally broke and will be for a long time. They've got to start cutting welfare bennies as they are one of our biggest drains and reason for such high taxation.

Tell you what, if they DONT cut services to welfare and IA's and then try to raise our taxes even higher, I have no doubts CA will be among the first to start a tax revolt.

I mentioned in another post about what a very PO'ed underclass will do when all or most of thier freebies get cut, little by little, month by month. The govt will do it slowly in hopes of it not hurting too much all at once. With all the IA's and anchors put down in CA, it's really gonna get ugly here in the next few years. Glad I got a gun. I can't get out of the city fast enough!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)