Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    I agree with MW on this one. Just because California has one of the lower cigarette taxes in the country doesn't mean they should raise the tax. Taxation without representation. It can't be that low. I used to be a smoker. When I was in Cali back in 1995, I paid $4 for a pack of smokes that I paid $2 for in Texas, so the tax is obviously fair where it is.
    What is fair ? to whom ? At 87 cents 30 States have higher tax on cigarettes than CA.

Why only comments about CA. at $2.37 and nothing about N.Y. at $2.75 and R.I. at $3.46 ?

What is fair? 3 cents, 87 cents, $2.37 - (87 cents plus $1.50),$2.75, $3.46 ?

Taxes range from:
    3 cents a pack in Virginia,
    7 cents a pack in South Carolina,
    87 cents in California
    $1.46 in North Carolina
    $2.75 a pack in New York,
    to $3.46 a pack in Rhoade Island.

www.tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsh ... f/0097.pdf
    $0.00 is what is fair. None of the states should be charging extra tax on cigarettes or any other product. All products should be a straight up sales tax. Pick any product and you can figure out a way that that product is dangerous to your health or to the environment....blah blah blah. It is all bs and will escalate over time and will spread to other products. It will never be enough for them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    No comment on the article I posted, JohnDoe?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California taxes: too high or too low?

California taxes: too high or too low?
    By Dan Walters
    SACRAMENTO BEE
    2:00 a.m. May 27, 2009

California's perpetual budget crisis and voters' rejection of five budget-related ballot measures last week have renewed the perennial debate over whether Californians are, to borrow a comparison from “The Three Bears,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote:3h6xv1ju]The state alone expects to receive some $14 billion less in general fund revenue during the 2009-10 fiscal year than it did in 2007-08, even with the boosts in income and sales tax rates. And that means that Californians' overall tax burdens have actually declined – a silver lining of sorts on the otherwise very dark economic cloud. [/quote]
    [/quote:3h6xv1ju]

This is the biggest barrel of bs I have ever heard. If our overall tax burden has decreased....IT IS BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE JOBS OR WE DONT HAVE FULL TIME JOBS. What kind of silver lining is that? Where are the jobs. They screw everything up and then tell us we are so lucky to be paying less tax, because we are not employed? Oh and we are losing our homes....no property tax....lucky us!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tobacco tax increase could help Calif.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Supporters of an increase in cigarette taxes are counting on California's budget crisis to pass their bill.
    Senator Alex Padilla, from Pacoima, told the L.A. Times that a higher tobacco tax is even more important than in years past, because it could raise more than a billion dollars a year for the struggling state government.

The current proposal would increase cigarette taxes by $1.50 per pack.

It will go in front of the Legislature next month.

latimes.com/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123