Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well CA teachers to you still think mass immigration and multiculturalism as promoted by the University you went to is fantastic?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    And just as quickly as American settlers migrated west during the California Gold Rush, they will begin to leave.
    Americans are already leaving quicker than they came during the Gold Rush! CA is becoming more like Mexico every day, with a rich upper class, small middle class of mostly government workers, and large lower class.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how all those teachers feel that are getting laid off, hmm and I bet most of them don't speak spanish. They probably get preferential treatment. I do know that my son's teacher hwho is bilingual is completely against IA in the schools and feels that a whole elementary school could close in one district alone if IA weren't allowed to attend. Less schools would mean less money needed to keep open and smaller classrooms for our children without having to pay for bilingual teachers who make more and esl classes would not be needed as it is a crutch anyways as studies have shown those kids who can't speak english learn the language faster when ASSIMILATED in to an english speaking classroom.

I just heard Arnold speak on Lou Dobbs tonight during which he "solemnly" announced the CA budget cuts stating how sad it was to do this to our children. Why do so many politicians even bother to pay lip service to comments such as these or others like "our children are our future", when ALWAYS without fail, school budgets are the very first to get cut!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Although we know why they have such a budget shortfall overall, I have to wonder how many of the pink slipped workers and teachers did not speak Spanish? I'd love to hear from someone on the inside on that question.
    Thats a good point. AND.....

The first thing I thought about was why, are they planning on hiring a bunch of Mexican teachers?

If we didnt have so many illegal immigrants, California and many other states wouldnt have this problem.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

20,000 teachers and other staff let go!

Last night Lou Dobbs said that 20,000 teachers and other staff were given pink slips.

MyAmerica, I heard the same thing you did about it being in the hundreds until last night.

Since that is really is such a huge difference, I will put the part in the transcript about the 20,000 teachers and other staff let go.

To bad Arnold didn,t get the pink slip first.

LOU DOBBS TONIGHT

March 18, 2008

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

DOBBS: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of California is cutting 20,000 jobs in that state's public school system. Schwarzenegger who went into office promising to fix that state's struggling economy, but the state now faces a deficit of more than $14 billion and mounting problems.

Casey Wian reports.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): School districts throughout California are laying off teachers and other staff, increasing class sizes and even closing schools. All because the state's budget faces 10 percent across the board spending cuts.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget reform effort designed to eliminate the need for future cuts by establishing a rainy day fund will slash about $5 billion from state education spending this year and next.

GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER (R), CALIFORNIA: I think it is terrible that we have to make the cuts in education, it's terrible that we have to make cuts in higher education because those kids deserve better. And the education community deserves the stability then. This is why this is so important that we fix our broken budget system.

WIAN: Already 20,000 teachers and other employees have received termination notices, and that doesn't even count the Los Angeles Unified School District by far the states largest. Teachers and parents are furious.

STEPHANIE SLIWINSKY, HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER: I do lack seniority but that does not mean that I am disposable or replaceable.

MICHELLE TURNER, PARENT: Our children need a chance, and they have the right to be educated, and not to be used as a pawn in a game of governmental politics.

WIAN: Schwarzenegger is crisscrossing the state trying to sell his plan to business leaders and lawmakers some are not buying it.

DON PERATA, CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE: We're handing out pink slips when we're also asking to hand out visas to bring workers in from a foreign country because our kids cannot do the job because they have not had the benefit of an adequate education. What the hell kind of sense does that make?
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Thank you for the update DeeDee.

20,000 state wide is a terrible drain on the shcool systems and 20,000 former tax-payers added to the unemployment lines--how are they to support their families?

The governor's 'solution' is adding to the problem--lowers the quality of education, more homes lost, more on welfare, more without insurance, more tax-payers who will leave the state, etc.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Just another way illegal aliens help the economy
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12