Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA poll: Should California call a constitutional convention?

The pro-tax polititians want a constitutional convention to eliminate Prop 13, which mandates a 2/3 mayority to raise taxes.

http://feeds.latimes.com/~r/OpinionLa/~ ... ntion.html

Should California call a constitutional convention?

VOTE: No; voters on May 19 sent a clear message of what they want, and it Sacramento should abide by it.

Yes; rewriting the Constitution seems to be the only way to move beyond financially broke and politically broken.
    40.7 %

Yes, but not everything should be on the table.
    11.1 %

No, but the state still needs major reforms.
    29.6 %

No; voters on May 19 sent a clear message of what they want, and it Sacramento should abide by it.
    18.5 %

27 total responses

I know I should know this already...but can someone briefly summarize for me what exactly is a constitutional convention.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I know I should know this already...but can someone briefly summarize for me what exactly is a constitutional convention.
    Its a reset of a state's constitution. State assemblymembers and senators draft a new constitution and the voters ratify it.
    It is being used to today to eliminate prop 13 from the constitution, which demands a 2/3 vote in both chambers to pass a tax increase.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Its a reset of a state's constitution. State assemblymembers and senators draft a new constitution and the voters ratify it.
    It is being used to today to eliminate prop 13 from the constitution, which demands a 2/3 vote in both chambers to pass a tax increase.
    Thank you so much LawEnforcer. I dont think its a good idea. My vote is no.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

39.4 %
    Yes; rewriting the Constitution seems to be the only way to move beyond financially broke and politically broken.

9.1 %

24.2 %

27.3 %
    No; voters on May 19 sent a clear message of what they want, and it Sacramento should abide by it.

33 total responses

MW

41.7 %
    8.3 %
    22.2 %
    27.8 %

36 total responses

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

51.3 %
    9.4 %
    14.5 %
    24.8 %

117 total responses

50.8 %
    9.7 %
    14.5 %
    25.0 %

124 total responses
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn