Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-SENATOR GEORGE RUNNER; AB2076; E-VERIFY

Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to Assembly Bill 2076 (Fuentes), which would prohibit the state from participating in any electronic employment verification system. You may be pleased to know that I oppose this measure.

E-Verify will provide employers with the ability to lawfully confirm a prospective employee’s identity, including social security number and eligibility for employment.

Furthermore, the stated intent to discourage employers from using E-Verify will mean sanctions for businesses that choose to use this system.

AB 2076 passed the Senate Labor and Industrial Relations Committee by a vote of 3-2, with all Democrats in favor of the bill and both Republicans against the bill. AB 2076 will next be heard on the Senate Floor. You may monitor the status of the bill by logging onto www.sen.ca.gov/runner

Again, thank you for taking the time to inform me of your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding legislative issues of concern to you. It is an honor to serve you in the California State Senate.

Sincerely,

GEORGE C. RUNNER, JR.

Senator, 17th District

P.S. If you’d like to receive my newsletter, Runner’s Week in Review, please join my email list at www.sen.ca.gov/runner
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Link not working
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)