Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-Supreme Court Case to Prevent Undocumented Children In-St

Supreme Court case to prevent undocumented children in-state tuition

San Francisco Examiner
    September 2, 2009
    Kimberly Dvorak

Two of the Ranking-House Judiciary Congressman weighs in on a California Supreme Court case to provide illegal immigrants in-state tuition, while U.S. citizens who live outside the state continue to fork over costly out-of-state tuition dollars.

Congressman Steve King-IA and Lamar Smith-TX filed an amicus brief this week regarding California Supreme Court case Martinez vs. Regents of the University of California.

At issue is the ability for the state to give those in this country illegally more favorable tuition rates than legal American citizens.

Ranking Member Smith said, “We should not reward illegal behavior. It’s fundamentally unfair to tell American parents who are not from California, but have paid taxes all their lives that they have to pay higher tuition bills to send their children to college than do illegal immigrants.â€

NY has been giving resident IAs in state tuition for years now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Obama and his thugs must be impeached .

NY and any other state that gives in-state and other freebies to illegals will see the result when Obama and his radicals end up take every last dime from the American citizens and giving it to the illegals and Acorn, La Raza and Amerocorp and Union thugs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    I'm always entertained by this discussion.

I lived in California for 30 years. Have had the "DREAM" of getting a college education since I was 14. That makes 44 years of having a "DREAM". It was always time and money that held me back but I'm still trying to attain the "DREAM", regardless of whether I will actually use the "DREAM" given my age.

I am trying to move back to California right now and when I get there and sign up for more college classes, part-time because of money and time, I will have to pay out-of-state tuition because I'm not a current resident. And, do you think they would consider 30 years of being a California resident in that decision to make me pay out-of-state tuition?

I say screw their "DREAM" and give that money to a legal citizen. And, while you are at it, deport them. Someone, please start thinking of our futures.