Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cable TV racism

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cable TV racism

This is blatant. Your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6FCKk7gCc
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Definitely a biased video.

In my opinion, the only racism going on in the United States of America today is against native born Caucasians. Payback....I guess.

Caucasians are even doing it to each other. It's really strange.

I've heard about this controversy before about two years ago w/the National Geographic coverage of Egypt. What I had heard back then was that they were depicting Egyptians as caucasian, which doesn't seem to make sense to me, since Egypt is in Africa. All I remember back then was that National Geographic was being accused of racism. Couldn't it have been an honest mistake? I don't remember what the outcome of it all was though.

Another thing left out of the National Geographic coverage however, was the fact Egypt practiced slavery on a huge scale. Egypt was probably the first major civilization to do so.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I think that video is a little out there. Number one, to even to take a DNA sample on a mummy is a major ordeal not to mention that the test almost always fails because of deterioration, lack of material or contamination. No way to make a mummy Caucasionoid or African with DNA.

We all know that Egypt is in Africa. What color was their skin? Who knows. It could have been very light like the surviving sculpture of Nefertiti the Beautiful Queen. Or like Queen Ti which looks very dark complexion. Or even Ramesses II which had strait red hair.

I think it would be very dishonest for historians and archeologist to say that Egyptians were Black or White. It is certain that they had a darker complexion based on their artwork but the royals were not out in the sun working. Hey, Egypt is a very sunny place and they worshiped the Aton - the Sun God. Also, skin color, eye color, hair can all go from one extreme to another in a culture within 7 generations. Who knows!

What color was Jesus' skin? You just don't know.

Queen Nefertiti

Queen Ti

Ramses II

By the way, Tut had a very light complexion, if you look at the artwork and he was from Upper Egypt which is Southern Egypt closer to Africa.

Lastly, Egyptian Males and Female Pharos married outside of Egypt.

I actually listen to those TV shows that were criticized.

I think the professionals are being responsible. Oh and Cleopatra was the 14th monarch of the Ptolemy Dynasty and they were Greek.

Like I said, who knows what color they were.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I'm still trying to figure out is how this discussion relates to illegal immigration in the first place . I try to spend what little available free time I have researching the issue most threatening to the survival of this nation, and by my own personal assessment that is indeed illegal immigration. That's why this forum exists and why it thrives. Sometimes it gives me pause to see posts like this carrying regulars and visitors down a totally different trail unrelated to the forum.

I won't comment on the intent of periodically introducing content foreign to the basic subject matter because all of us need a break from the grind from time to time and our thoughts sometimes wander. That's only natural. When a pattern emerges however, perhaps it's time to step back and reassess one's motives and/or agenda. Can we please try to stay on topic and work together to get this nation on track again? I personally don't care if Egyptians were aliens from space and it doesn't matter to me if their skin was bright purple. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned if it was proven that all Europe's primitive peoples were originally black.

I personally believe that we all began as one race and one color until God seperated us , giving us different languages and different appearances for reasons known only to Him. Perhaps it was to enable us to progress down different paths and learn through different experiences over time? Maybe His goal was to ultimately bring us together at some future date so we could share those different paths and learn collectively from it in order to create a better world? Perhaps if we are to ultimately survive we will all end up one color and one race again? Who can say? All I can say for certain is that so long as we see one another as this race or that instead of simply men or women, we will never progress as a species or a society. Our past cultural differences mean little if we are indeed intent on thriving as a society or a nation and I think everyone needs to get their priorities in order. Look to the future or dwell on the past. That is your choice, but please don't taint this forum with devisiveness or deception.

Quote Originally Posted by saveourcountry
    Definitely a biased video.

In my opinion, the only racism going on in the United States of America today is against native born Caucasians. Payback....I guess.

Caucasians are even doing it to each other. It's really strange.
    How is it biased?

The rest of your post didn't support anything dealing with the video or
    subject matter.
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    I've heard about this controversy before about two years ago w/the National Geographic coverage of Egypt. What I had heard back then was that they were depicting Egyptians as caucasian, which doesn't seem to make sense to me, since Egypt is in Africa. All I remember back then was that National Geographic was being accused of racism. Couldn't it have been an honest mistake? I don't remember what the outcome of it all was though.
    I don't know if I could call this an honest mistake. This is a channel that prides itself in accuracy.

Another thing left out of the National Geographic coverage however, was the fact Egypt practiced slavery on a huge scale. Egypt was probably the first major civilization to do so.
    If you will, and I'm not being disrespectful, but this is not on the subject of the video.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    My quote removed to save space:

Dixie
    Good observation Dixie. But I found a recent "photo" of Nefertiti by National Geo and they used their fancy computers and calculations to come up with this photo:

As you can see, this is a vast difference to the bust of old.

If you look at this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281534/
    You will see that there are "pure" Africans with the bluest of blue coloured eyes. My own mother has red hair.
    My major contention, keeping with the subject of the video, is how can they depict Egyptians that way and not be called on that point?
    I've said it before and I'll continue:
    Precision is the key!
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    What I'm still trying to figure out is how this discussion relates to illegal immigration in the first place . I try to spend what little available free time I have researching the issue most threatening to the survival of this nation, and by my own personal assessment that is indeed illegal immigration. That's why this forum exists and why it thrives. Sometimes it gives me pause to see posts like this carrying regulars and visitors down a totally different trail unrelated to the forum.

I won't comment on the intent
    I might have short changed myself but I literally stopped reading where the quote ended.
    Precision...
    I am in the correct forum for the subject matter of this post.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    What I'm still trying to figure out is how this discussion relates to illegal immigration in the first place .
    Fomorian posted this to OTHER TOPICS AND ISSUES!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast