Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cain: My 9-9-9 plan will raise taxes on some in US

Cain: My 9-9-9 plan will raise taxes on some in US

GOP candidate says, 'Some people will pay more. But most people will pay less'

By David Morgan

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain acknowledged Sunday his "9-9-9" tax reform plan would raise taxes on some Americans but denied criticism it would help the rich while hurting the poor.

Other political news of note

Cain could benefit handsomely from '9-9-9' plan

Presidential candidate Herman Cain made over a dozen stock sales over the past year and a half that earned him between $230,000 and $1.3 million in capital gains — income that would not be taxed at all under his “9-9-9â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Who would pay more? The people who spend more money on new goods. The sales tax only applies to people who buy new goods, not used goods. That's a big difference," Cain told NBC.
    So were exactly do I buy "USED" food, Rx drugs, gasoline, etc.?
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The problem I see with Cain's plan is that the elderly who live solely on Social Security will now pay 9% on that income, when formerly they paid nothing as they were below the poverty level. Their food and medicine will be taxed at 9%. Hasn't Obama done enough to pull the rug out from under the elderly?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The sales tax only applies to people who buy new goods, not used goods.
    So if we buy used clothing, shoes, underwear, sheets, combs, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, toilet paper,etc. we don't have to pay this tax?
    NO AMNESTY

ReggieMay wrote........The problem I see with Cain's plan is that the elderly who live solely on Social Security will now pay 9% on that income, when formerly they paid nothing as they were below the poverty level. Their food and medicine will be taxed at 9%. Hasn't Obama done enough to pull the rug out from under the elderly?

so....maybe I do NOT like Cain

This will be my first year on Social Security.....and I don't want this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    So were exactly do I buy "USED" food, Rx drugs, gasoline, etc.?

Obama's full of " Used Food."

I never heard of any entitlements being taxed as income. Those living on fixed incomes would see a 9% federal sales tax. Maybe those rich folks could pay 18% and take up the slack for the seniors , or make them sales tax exempt?

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    ReggieMay wrote........The problem I see with Cain's plan is that the elderly who live solely on Social Security will now pay 9% on that income, when formerly they paid nothing as they were below the poverty level. Their food and medicine will be taxed at 9%. Hasn't Obama done enough to pull the rug out from under the elderly?

so....maybe I do NOT like Cain

This will be my first year on Social Security.....and I don't want this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hang in there.

My husband and I are on Social Security now as well. Give Herman Cain and others a chance to get all the facts out there before turning away.

Right now, there is a blitz of Ron Paul and Mitt Romney supporters on the internet doing everything they can do to tear down Herman Cain's 999 plan because he is gaining in popularity.

So don't give up yet! I have seen a lot of misinformation put out there on his plan.

There are some people who are well known for their financial expertise who believe the 999 plan is a good plan. We just have to take some time to understand it thoroughly.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

or make them sales tax exempt?

OK....that would be Ok for people on Social Security
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    or make them sales tax exempt?

OK....that would be Ok for people on Social Security
    grandma you got to remember Cains plan is to do awat with SS.Go online on your computer and look up cains plan it will shock you.Can you aford 9% more of paying taxes i cant.

Banned
    Just saw Cain on Huckabee . No tax on Social Security income, no tax on investment income. ?? remains to be seen. The way he explained it is that during the production of goods such as a loaf of bread there would be no tax on the added value of the flour , no tax to the producer of the bread, and only the end product would be taxed at sale. Consider the cost of a car or truck.
    In theory if it worked as designed the actual cost of goods would go down by removal of the taxes associated with the production of those goods. Not really sold yet ,, but he is the only one with a plan to reform the tax system. All the other ones seem to just want to tinker with it. Throwing out the whole thing and starting over works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast