Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: California’s Largest Garlic Grower Will Soon Pay Workers $15 an Hour

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Trump has said in the past that he 100% supports medical marijuana usage, but does not support the legalization of marijuana for recreational usage.
    What he actually said was he was looking at it and going to study it. He hasn't decided yet, but he's open to it. It's 70% of the foreign drug cartel market of $300 billion a year. So around $210 billion. That ought to get someone's attention.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    . . . President Trump has said in the past that he 100% supports medical marijuana usage, but does not support the legalization of marijuana for recreational usage.

I guess it remains to be seen how Sessions will handle the nascent marijuana industry.
    Trump and Sessions May Pursue Cartels Instead of Legal Weed

Recent comments suggest the new administration is more interested in busting up drug cartels.

While the cannabis community is still waiting to hear whether newly confirmed U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his cronies over at the DEA will kick down their doors and force the industry to a screeching halt, there has been some new evidence to emerge that suggests the Trump Administration is only interested in going for the jugulars of the drug cartels – not legal marijuana.

In a recent interview with Capital Public Radio, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said he recently met with Attorney General Sessions to discuss several issues, including immigration and legal marijuana. The conversation, according to Sheriff Jones, suggests the Trump Administration is not going to impose a crackdown on the legal marijuana trade, but rather, aggressively hunt down and prosecute those with cartel connections.

"Regarding the prioritization of federal resources to combat marijuana, he didn't see the federal government getting involved in marijuana use or low-level state, what are traditionally state and local crimes, but, I don't think he ruled out the possibility of the federal government getting involved in larger-scale operations,” Jones said of his talk with Sessions.

This sentiment was reverberated last week by President Donald Trump during a meeting with the Major Cities Chiefs Association. In his speech, which was done in front of law enforcement officials all over the country, Trump said, “it’s time to stop the drugs from pouring into our country…and by the way, we will do that.”

However, Trump made no mention of plans to crack the skulls of the legitimate cannabis trade operating in over half the nation.

If the statements made over the past week are any representation of what to expect from the Trump Administration with respect to legal marijuana, it is probably fair to say the Justice Department’s policy on this issue may not steer too far from that of the Obama Administration. But while Obama’s “hands off approach” to legal marijuana (Cole Memo) is still currently in play, Attorney General Sessions has been largely critical of this disposable policy.

Therefore, it is also distinctly possible that we could see an updated memo in the coming months that clarifies the new administration’s position.

Until then, it’s business as usual.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/trump...arijuana-alone

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope Trump and Sessions see the wisdom of repealing federal laws on marijuana, medical and recreational.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What he actually said was he was looking at it and going to study it. He hasn't decided yet, but he's open to it. It's 70% of the foreign drug cartel market of $300 billion a year. So around $210 billion. That ought to get someone's attention.
    Actually he did say what I reported him saying. You know, I don't just create this stuff out of thin air. Not questioning that he also said what you are reporting he said, so why question what I reported him of saying? Please don't call me a liar unless you can prove it. Thank you.

Excerpt:

But at the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference, Trump stated that he’s against the legalization of marijuana. “I think it’s bad, and I feel strongly about that,” he said. “They’ve got a lot of problems going on right now in Colorado, some big problems.” However, when asked about the states’ rights aspect to marijuana laws, Trump said, “If they vote for it, they vote for it.
    “Medical marijuana is another thing,” he added. “I think medical marijuana, 100 percent.On another occasion he said, “Medical I agree with. Medical I like… Medical is ok.
    http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2...-on-marijuana/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I hope Trump and Sessions see the wisdom of repealing federal laws on marijuana, medical and recreational.
    It would take an act of congress to do that. Jeff Sessions has a high level of autonomy to execute his duties and enforce the laws of the land. I don't think he needs the Presidents permission to go after federal law-breakers. Am I wrong?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Trump and Sessions May Pursue Cartels Instead of Legal Weed

Recent comments suggest the new administration is more interested in busting up drug cartels.

While the cannabis community is still waiting to hear whether newly confirmed U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his cronies over at the DEA will kick down their doors and force the industry to a screeching halt, there has been some new evidence to emerge that suggests the Trump Administration is only interested in going for the jugulars of the drug cartels – not legal marijuana.

In a recent interview with Capital Public Radio, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said he recently met with Attorney General Sessions to discuss several issues, including immigration and legal marijuana. The conversation, according to Sheriff Jones, suggests the Trump Administration is not going to impose a crackdown on the legal marijuana trade, but rather, aggressively hunt down and prosecute those with cartel connections.

"Regarding the prioritization of federal resources to combat marijuana, he didn't see the federal government getting involved in marijuana use or low-level state, what are traditionally state and local crimes, but, I don't think he ruled out the possibility of the federal government getting involved in larger-scale operations,” Jones said of his talk with Sessions.

This sentiment was reverberated last week by President Donald Trump during a meeting with the Major Cities Chiefs Association. In his speech, which was done in front of law enforcement officials all over the country, Trump said, “it’s time to stop the drugs from pouring into our country…and by the way, we will do that.”

However, Trump made no mention of plans to crack the skulls of the legitimate cannabis trade operating in over half the nation.

If the statements made over the past week are any representation of what to expect from the Trump Administration with respect to legal marijuana, it is probably fair to say the Justice Department’s policy on this issue may not steer too far from that of the Obama Administration. But while Obama’s “hands off approach” to legal marijuana (Cole Memo) is still currently in play, Attorney General Sessions has been largely critical of this disposable policy.

Therefore, it is also distinctly possible that we could see an updated memo in the coming months that clarifies the new administration’s position.

Until then, it’s business as usual.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/trump...arijuana-alone

Since this is from someone who writes for a site called "Merry Jane", I suspect there is a good possibility it's wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    It would take an act of congress to do that. Jeff Sessions has a high level of autonomy to execute his duties and enforce the laws of the land. I don't think he needs the Presidents permission to go after federal law-breakers. Am I wrong?

Well, yeah, pretty much you are wrong. To go after "law-breakers" using pot, you need staff, money, courts and prisons. The federal government doesn't have enough of any of those to put the foreign drug cartels in prison let alone college kids smoking pot. If you're a Republican who believes in States Rights that aren't discriminatory or fuel slavery, then no Real republican is going to want to see our money wasted or the lives of our people ruined over federal pot violations.

Trump isn't stupid. HE'S SMART!! So is Jeff Sessions. When we have 30 million illegal aliens to prosecute and get out of our country and millions of other types of federal law violators, I'd say pot is waaaaaaaaaay down on the list of objectives. So STATES with family farms about to go bust, legalize pot in your state and maybe they'll grow hemp and marijuana and be able to keep their lands. Pot plants require almost no pesticides or fertilizers ... grows like a WEED, so I've been told.

Good for our environmental protection objectives, reduces soil erosion and soil, water and air contamination and yes, even global warming and climate change.

MW
    Well, yeah, pretty much you are wrong. To go after "law-breakers" using pot, you need staff, money, courts and prisons. The federal government doesn't have enough of any of those to put the foreign drug cartels in prison let alone college kids smoking pot. If you're a Republican who believes in States Rights that aren't discriminatory or fuel slavery, then no Real republican is going to want to see our money wasted or the lives of our people ruined over federal pot violations.

Trump isn't stupid. HE'S SMART!! So is Jeff Sessions. When we have 30 million illegal aliens to prosecute and get out of our country and millions of other types of federal law violators, I'd say pot is waaaaaaaaaay down on the list of objectives. So STATES with family farms about to go bust, legalize pot in your state and maybe they'll grow hemp and marijuana and be able to keep their lands. Pot plants require almost no pesticides or fertilizers ... grows like a WEED, so I've been told.

Good for our environmental protection objectives, reduces soil erosion and soil, water and air contamination and yes, even global warming and climate change.
    No, I'm not wrong. AG Session can file lawsuits against the states that have 'illegally' legalized the drug trade. This isn't about going after individual smokers. This is about going after the states that have acted against federal law in legalizing the pot trade. In no instance did I imply that AG Sessions should go after the individual smokers. Honestly, it's a little silly for you to even think on such a small scale where such a large problem exist. He doesn't have to do proceed as you suggested, nor would it make any sense for him to do so. He needs to go after the states by voiding their illegal act of authorizing an illegal industry to operate and function in the state. To kill a snake, you cut off its head.

The federal government has no authority over states who legalize their own marijuana trade. The federal government has no authority under the US Constitution to declare cannabis or hemp an illegal product in the states. There is no fact basis for it, no constitutional authority for it, it's federal intrusion and overreach in its most obvious form. The only beneficiaries of it are foreign drug cartels. The federal government can't do this without a constitutional amendment, which it never had. It's no different than alcohol. The federal government needed a constitutional amendment then for that and it would need one today on marijuana.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump want to fix our country, they both want to defend our freedoms, bring our jobs back, stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens, and fix our bad trade deals. The federal government has no time, money, will or authority to punish pot growers or states who allow it or users. The entire federal War on Drugs has been one of the biggest constitutional violations in our history second only to slavery. The lives that been ruined by these federal laws against pot is in the tens of millions and is so wrong, it's a sin.

Trump is a teetotaler but he doesn't judge others who aren't. He doesn't drink, smoke or use drugs and never has, but he's never looked down his nose or condemned anyone else who did. And I hope he doesn't start now as President. Stopping the foreign hard drugs, I'm all for that and he has every constitutional authority to do that under trade, immigration and foreign policy powers granted in the US Constitution.

Wages

Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don’t want the job
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast