Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California Gunman’s Drive-By Attack Leaves 7 Dead and 7 Wounded

California Gunman’s Drive-By Attack Leaves 7 Dead and 7 Wounded

By IAN LOVETT and ADAM NAGOURNEY MAY 24, 2014

Bodies were covered after a mass shooting near the campus of the University of Santa Barbara in Isla Vista, California. CreditJohn Palminteri/KEYT-TV, via Associated Press

GOLETA, Calif. — Seven people were killed and another seven injured on Friday night in a bloody drive-by shooting on the crowded streets of a small college town near Santa Barbara, as what police described as a mentally disturbed gunman methodically opened fire in a 10-minute spasm of terror.

The shooter, whose name was not immediately released, was found dead with a bullet wound to his head after his black BMW crashed into a car. He had engaged in a round of gunfire with deputy sheriffs in Isla Vista, near the University of California, Santa Barbara. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered from the car, the police said.

“We have obtained and are analyzing written and videotaped evidence that suggests that this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder,” Bill Brown, the Santa Barbara County sheriff, said at a news conference early Saturday.

In response to a question, Sheriff Brown said investigators were reviewing a videotape posted on YouTube that he said appeared to be related to the shooting. In the video, a young man sitting behind the wheel of what appears to be a black BMW describes himself as a sexually frustrated and angry young man about to go out on a mission of retribution to avenge his virginity.

Santa Barbara

“I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you,” the young man says on the video. “You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one, that true alpha male.”

The sheriff made clear that he was not identifying the man in the video as the gunman.

The seven people killed, including the gunman, were declared dead at crime scenes scattered across the grid of streets the gunman traveled — driving slowly, according to witnesses, firing his gun as he moved.

Another seven were hospitalized, including one with life-threatening injuries, the authorities said. Sheriff Brown said there were at least nine crime scenes.

The identities of the victims were not immediately released.

Most of the fatalities appeared to have occurred in front of the IV Deli Mart on Pardall Road, a popular Friday night gathering spot where the gunman stopped and opened fire. Witnesses said that bystanders, confused at first by the pop-pop-pop of gunshots in this idyllic oceanside community, began diving to the ground or running for cover.

The police said the gunman had acted alone and repeatedly described him as a mentally disturbed person on a premeditated mission of murder.

“It’s obviously the work of a madman,” Sheriff Brown said. “There’s going to be a lot more information that’s going to come out that is going to give indications of how disturbed this individual was.”

The episode began shortly before 9:27 p.m. on Friday, when police received the first 911 calls about gunshots. Sheriff Brown said the gunman engaged deputies six minutes later in a brief shootout before speeding off, and then exchanged fire with another deputy. He said it was not clear whether the gunman had been killed by the deputies or had shot himself.

On Saturday, the area was cordoned off with yellow police tape, and bullet casings could be seen scattered across the streets.

“I was standing near the corner of one of the busiest streets in town, and I saw a car drive down the street and stop in front of a restaurant and convenience store that had a large group of people and started firing into the crowd,” Robert Johnson, a witness to the violence, told CNN. “As soon as I realized what was going on, I ran into a friend’s apartment.”

Sienna Schwartz told CNN that she started rushing away when the shots began. “He shot and I felt like air passing by my face,” she said.

The university is about 10 miles from downtown Santa Barbara; it has just over 22,000 students.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/25/us...ting.html?_r=0
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

'You deserve to be annihilated’: 'Mass murder' rampage that left 7 dead near UC Santa Barbara linked to chilling YouTube video, police say

At least seven people are dead after a drive-by shooter opened fire in a student community next to UC Santa Barbara's campus. Police have not identified the gunman, but have linked the rampage to a creepy YouTube video of a 22-year-old man detailing his plans to ‘slay every single person’ he sees.

NEWS WIRE SERVICES
    Published: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 3:30 AM
    Updated: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 12:24 PM

YOUTUBE
    Police say a YouTube video that shows a man discussing plans to ‘slaughter’ people on the street could be linked to the shooting rampage in Isla Vista, California.

LOS ANGELES — A drive-by shooter went on a "mass murder" rampage near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus that left seven people dead, including the attacker, and seven others wounded, authorities said Saturday.

Police have not identified the shooter, but Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said that a YouTube video titled "Elliot Rodger's Retribution" is linked to the shooting, ABC News reported.

In the ominous video, a man, who identifies himself as 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, sits in a parked car and says he has felt lonely and rejected for eight years.

He blames his unhappiness on women who have rejected him. He also says he wants to kill men “just for the crime of living a better life” than him.

“If I can’t have you, girls, I will destroy you,” he says. “You deserve to be annihilated, and I will give that to you.”

Roger is stoic as he details his plans to “slay every single person” he sees on the street.

“I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one, the true alpha male,” he says.

KEYT 3
    Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said police have not yet identified the gunman.

“I will be a god compared to you. You will all be animals. You are animals, and I will slaughter you like animals,” he continues. “I hate all of you. Humanity is a disgusting, wretched, depraved species.”

Friday night's rampage broke out around 9:30 p.m. in a UC Santa Barbara student enclave reputed for parties.

Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites, resulting in nine crime scenes.

Friday night's rampage broke out at a University of California, Santa Barbara student enclave known for parties.

The attacks ended when the gunman exchanged gunfire with deputies in the beachside community of Isla Vista, Brown said.

He crashed his black BMW into a parked car, and deputies found him dead with a gunshot wound to the head, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he was killed by gunfire or if he committed suicide, he said.

A semiautomatic handgun was recovered from the scene near the school.

Police surround crashed vehicle in Isla Vista, Calif. following shooting near University of California Santa Barbara.

Investigators know the gunman's name, but Brown said he couldn't release it pending notification of relatives.

"We're analyzing both written and videotaped evidence that this atrocity was a premeditated mass murder," Brown said.

A student told KEYT-TV he saw shots fired from a BMW, fatally striking one woman and critically injuring another woman.

7 Dead in Isla Vista Shooting Near UC Santa Barbara

Seven people were dead, including a gunman, after a shooting in the community of Isla Vista near UC Santa Barbara, authorities said. Dave Mecham reports for...

"I heard shots, scream, pain," Michael Vitak said. "All emotions. I hope she is going to be fine."

A visibly shaken student told the station she was approached by the driver of a black BMW who flashed a handgun and asked "Hey, what's up?" The student, who didn't provide her full name, said she thought he was carrying an airsoft gun and kept walking. She said seconds later, she felt something buzz by her head and quickly realized they were bullets.

The victims' identities were not immediately released. Brown said the injured were being treated for gunshot wounds and traumatic injuries, including at least one person who underwent surgery for life-threatening injuries.

Isla Vista, a roughly half-square mile community next to UC Santa Barbara's campus and picturesque beachside cliffs, is home to 23,000 people. The area has a reputation for excessive partying. Last month, an annual spring bash spiraled into violence as young people clashed with police and tossed rocks and bottles. A university police officer and four deputies were injured and 130 people were arrested.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz32fEhfNYf
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    7 dead in California shooting rampage called 'premeditated mass murder'

video at link below

By Joe Sterling, Joe Sutton and Ray Sanchez, CNN

updated 3:01 PM EDT, Sat May 24, 2014

(CNN) -- A mentally disturbed gunman possibly bent on retribution sprayed bullets from a slow-moving car in a Southern California college town, killing six people in a rampage called "premeditated mass murder," Santa Barbara County sheriff's deputies said Saturday.
    The gunman also died from a gunshot wound after his car crashed Friday night, police said. It was unclear if the fatal head wound was self-inflicted or the result of a firefight with police.
    Seven people also were being treated in a hospital for gunshot wounds or traumatic injuries, including at least one who was in surgery, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Kelly Hoover.
    "The sheriff's office has obtained and is currently analyzing written and video evidence that suggests this was a premeditated mass murder," Hoover said.
    Witness: Suspect slowed car to shoot
    Hoover apparently was referring to a YouTube video titled "Retribution" posted by a young man. In the nearly seven-minute video, the young man rants about women who ignored or rejected him over the past eight years and warns that he will "punish you all for it."
    Photos: Shooting rampage in California town

"Tomorrow is the day of retribution, the day in which I will have my revenge," the man says on the video.
    Who's the man behind the rampage
    Police: Shooting a mass murder situation
    Drive-by shooting stuns California town
    The shootings occurred in Isla Vista near the University of California, Santa Barbara, in a crowded area bustling with activity on Memorial Day weekend.
    "I don't recall hearing any screaming," witness Robert Johnson told CNN, describing the moment the gunman opened fire on people outside a deli. "It was at that point where I turned and ran in the opposite direction. ... There's a lot of confusion. Even shortly after this whole ordeal had ended, I think a lot of people didn't realize the magnitude of the situation."
    One victim, Nick Pasichuke, told CNN he was struck by the gunman's car.
    "There are six other people currently hospitalized with me right now. ... There was a guy driving a BMW. I was on a long board and he aimed his car at our group of friends and gunned it into us. I have two broken legs and need surgery. The police said I flew roughly 50 feet into a busy intersection. This is all so crazy"
    The violence began and ended within minutes, from 9:27 p.m. when shots were reported to around 10 minutes later when police discovered the body of the suspected gunman, CNN affiliate KEYT-TV said. Authorities said there were nine separate crime scenes.
    "Sheriff's deputies responded and found several victims suffering from gunshot wounds. As sheriff's deputies were attending to the victims and performing first aid, they were also receiving suspect information. Only minutes later, there were additional reports of shots fired in several other areas of Isla Vista," Hoover said.
    U.S. law enforcement officials said the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and FBI were assisting local police in the investigation, including trying to trace the handgun used and where the suspect obtained it. ATF agents were on the scene to offer firearms expertise in tracing all details about the weapon using ATF's National Integrated Ballistic Information Network, according to the agency.
    Johnson told CNN he was standing on a corner when he heard what he thought were fireworks. Then a black BMW with tinted windows drove by and either slowed down or stopped outside a deli where as many as eight people were eating outside. Someone in the car opened fire.
    "It all happened very quickly, but I think this happened to be the largest group on the street," he said. "It think it was just targeted because it was the largest group in the area."
    People jumped up and ran, Johnson recalled.
    Worst U.S. mass shootings
    KEYT reporter John Palminteri told CNN that some witnesses reported hearing the gunman talk to some of his victims as he fired. Outside a 7-11 convenience store, he said, workers came out amid the gunfire to pull to safety a girl who had been shot in the leg. Another victim, a bicyclist, apparently sustained massive head injuries after being struck by the gunman's car.
    One woman told the station that a driver of a car flashed a gun at her and asked, "Hey, what's up?" before opening fire. She escaped unharmed.
    "I heard some pops, but I just assumed they were fireworks," said Daniel Slovinsky, who was eating at a restaurant. "Contrary to what you might expect, there wasn't a whole lot of chaos immediately. I didn't hear any screaming. A few people were running. ... It wasn't really until police started yelling at people to get inside that we realized something big went down. But even then people didn't know what."
    Beachfront college town of Isla Vista has seen mass killing before
    KEYT reported that "witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets." Six minutes after the first emergency call, the suspected gunman traded fire with sheriff's deputies, and the vehicle plowed into a parked vehicle, said Hoover, the sheriff's office spokeswoman.
    In a statement on its website Saturday, UC Santa Barbara said several students were taken to local hospitals after the shooting.
    "Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those affected," the statement said.
    Santa Barbara City College also reacted Saturday.
    "There are no words to express the sadness we have for the victims and their families and for all the residents of Isla Vista," the statement said. "We know our students co-mingle with UCSB students and Isla Vista residents as part of our greater community and we all, as an extended family, are impacted by this unimaginable event."
    College President Lori Gaskin added, "In times of tragedy, we need to turn to each other for support, care for each other as we grieve for the victims, and pull together in compassion and strength."
    The suspected gunman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound, Hoover said. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered.
    It appears the suspect acted alone, Hoover said.
    Santa Barbara Sheriff Bill Brown called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed," according to KEYT.
    Authorities searching for a motive were looking into a video posted on social media that contains a man's tirade against women who supposedly rebuffed him, Brown told the station. Hoover said the suspect has been preliminarily identified but his name won't be released until "a positive identification is made."
    The identities of the victims won't be released until the next of kin are notified, she said.
    CNN's Evan Perez contributed to this report.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: "He aimed his car at our group of friends and gunned it into us," victim says
    • Sheriff's office analyzing written and video evidence in shooting rampage
    • Evidence suggests "premeditated mass murder," sheriff's spokeswoman says
    • The suspected gunman was one of the seven dead; seven others were injured

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/justice/california-shooting-deaths/

This young man's name has been released but I can't find it officially on line only on the Fox News TV Channel..It is supposedly the Hunger Games Directors, Son .
    Last edited by kathyet2; 05-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Hollywood director says son responsible for Calif. shooting rampage

"Hunger Games" assistant director Peter Rodger believes his son killed six people, his attorney … Read More »

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Santa Barbara Death Toll Now 9 With 3 Stabbing Victims at His Home
    ABC News - ‎4 minutes ago‎
    The gunman who killed six people in a furious shooting rampage near the University of California, Santa Barbara began the spree by stabbing to death three people in his home - bringing the death toll to nine in the Friday night carnage, police said tonighT . . .
    NO AMNESTY

Realtime Coverage

Gunman kills at least 6 people in drive-by rampage in California
    The Journal News | LoHud.com - ‎8 minutes ago‎

5 things to know about shooting near campus
    The-review - ‎9 minutes ago‎

Deadly Rampage in College Town After Video Rant
    NDTV - ‎11 minutes ago‎

Elliot Rodger accused in UCSB shooting spree | USA NOW
    Livingston Daily - ‎11 minutes ago‎

7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara
    Ashland Times Gazette (subscription) - ‎12 minutes ago‎
    Show recently hidden articles

In Depth

Sheriff: Gunman killed 3 people at home before going on rampage
    San Jose Mercury News - ‎6 minutes ago‎

GOLETA -- A gunman who went on a rampage near UC Santa Barbara stabbed three people to death at his apartment before shooting to death three more in a terrorizing crime spree through a neighborhood, sheriff's officials said Saturday. The three people ...

'Elliot Rodger's Retribution': Santa Barbara shooter in his own sick words before ...
    New York Daily News - ‎15 minutes ago‎

In a creepy and chilling clip, the killer declares his hatred for women — and his violent intentions to take revenge for years of rejection. Rodger recorded the video before killing six people and himself in Isla Vista, Calif., on Friday. NEW YORK DAILY NEWS.

Rampage mirrors threats made on YouTube video
    Washington Post - ‎27 minutes ago‎

GOLETA, Calif. — The gunman fired for 10 minutes in streets filled with university students walking, biking and skateboarding in the beach community near Santa Barbara, picking off people one by one in a deadly rampage that chillingly mirrored threats made ...

Videos show suspected California shooter's anger
    Atlanta Journal Constitution - ‎30 minutes ago‎

This image from video posted on YouTube shows Elliot Rodger. Sheriff's officials say Rodger was the gunman who went on a shooting rampage near the University of California at Santa Barbara on Friday, May 23, 2014. In the video, posted on the same day ...

Your preferred source

Isla Vista shooting: Read Elliot Rodger's elaborate attack plan
    Los Angeles Times - ‎15 minutes ago‎

A picture released by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department showing 22-year old Elliot Rodger, suspected of going on a rampage that killed seven people including himself at the Santa Barbara County student community of Isla Vista. A picture ...

Police Identify Gunman in California Shooting Rampage--6th Update
    Wall Street Journal - ‎32 minutes ago‎

ISLA VISTA, Calif.--Before he set out on a rampage through this seaside college town that ended with seven dead and 13 injured, suspected gunman Elliot Rodger calmly laid out his plans online. The 22-year-old posted a YouTube video entitled "Elliot ...

Sheriff Details California Gunman's Rampage
    Wall Street Journal - ‎12 minutes ago‎

At a news conference, authorities identified Elliot Rodger as the man who allegedly stabbed three people to death and shot and killed several more in a rampage near the University of California Santa Barbara Friday night. Up Next ...

Isla Vista shooting renews frustration among gun control advocates
    Los Angeles Times - ‎1 hour ago‎

Students gathered on the UC Santa Barbara campus to remember those killed Friday night during a rampage in Isla Vista. Hundreds turned out for the event. Students gathered on the UC Santa Barbara campus to remember those killed Friday night during a ...

Isla Vista shooting suspect feared police visit would foil attack
    Los Angeles Times - ‎1 hour ago‎

Arrow Denoyer, an 18-year-old freshman, places flowers at a growing memorial in front of the IV Deli on Pardall Road in Isla Vista on Saturday morning. A man was shot and killed at the store in Friday night's rampage. Arrow Denoyer, an 18-year-old freshman ...

Opinion

'I will slaughter you like animals'
    Boston Herald - ‎29 minutes ago‎

TERROR IN SANTA BARBARA: Elliott Rodger, top, is seen in a chilling YouTube video posted hours before police say he went on a shooting rampage in Santa Barbara, Calif. APTOPIX College Commu_Cole.jpg. Photo by: The Associated Press. TERROR IN ...

See all 1,670 articles »

NO AMNESTY

Banned
    #UCSB

UCSB Killer Elliot Rodger: Another Self Centered Young Man Without God : Freedom Outpost http://ow.ly/xeDKC

UCSB Killer Elliot Rodger: Another Self Centered Young Man Without God - Freedom Outpost
    ow.ly
    Richard Martinez, the father of Christopher Michaels-Martinez, blamed politicians and gun-rights proponents at a news conference Saturday. "When will this insanity stop? … Too many have died. We should say to ourselves `not one more,'" he said. Source: Fox News As the dust begins to clear on another mass killing, many are looking for someone to blame. Is …

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast