Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California school district: Free meals during the summer

Home Photos Advertising Archives About Us Print
    Your E-mail: Recipient's E-mail Students can eat for free at schools

DOWNEY —The Downey Unified School District will be offering free meals to students at various schools and parks throughout the summer.

All children ages 3 to 18 are eligible for the meals, which is part of the district’s Seamless and Simplified Summer Food Service Program. Meal service is provided Mondays through Thursdays. For more information, call the Department of Nutrition Services at (562) 469-6672.

•Golden Park 12:30 - 1:15 p.m.

•Imperial Elementary 9:40 – 9:55 a.m.

•Lewis Elementary 9:45 – 10 a.m.

•Rio Hondo Elementary 9:30 – 9:45 a.m.

•Unsworth Elementary 9:30 – 9:45 a.m.

•East Middle School 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.

•West Middle School 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.

•Sussman Middle School 10:15 – 10:40 a.m.

•Downey High School 10:30 – 11 a.m.

•Warren High School 10:30 – 11 a.m.

2008-06-13 Edition
    Entertainment

http://www.thedowneypatriot.net/view_fu ... 0000002325

The taxpayers are really being taken advantage of.

If you think that's bad, it's nothing compared to what's going on out here.

Our school district is offering free breakfast and lunch all summer long but not just to the kids.......their parents and other family members are welcome, as well, for $1.00, although no one will be denied for inability to pay.

As one might guess, those mentioned in the article as applauding it as they lined up to "take advantage"....the reporter got that right .....all had spanish surnames and little or no command of the English language.

Guess they need to save money on the food so they can gas up those SUVs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AF
    http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/664488.html

Stretch budgets, my a--. All these programs do is keep more money in their parents pockets to buy alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs. After their lunch, these kids then go home and their parents take them out for fast food and snacks for dinner. Have you ever seen a person with food stamps, purchase meat, vegetables, rice or potatoes, and milk? Fat chance! And you wonder why the so-called poor people are OBESE!

These kids are learning that it doesn't pay to work hard, but it does pay to be so-called poor. When we grew up, our father worked two jobs to make ends meet. WE NEVER USED ANY SOCIAL PROGRAM MONEY! During the daytime he worked as an Air Force enlisted, then at a restaurant in the evening. Not one of my brothers or sisters have used social programs in their adult life, we learned well.

It seems they are preparing the so-called poor children to live off the government (taxpayers). They need their energy as gang life is pretty stressful.

http://www.gangwatchers.org/news.html

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    excuse me!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AF
    You are excused, don't let it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    excuse me!!!!!

Was that you Airborne?

Good gosh.....open a window first next time, would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by AF
    http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/664488.html

Stretch budgets, my a--. All these programs do is keep more money in their parents pockets to buy alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs. After their lunch, these kids then go home and their parents take them out for fast food and snacks for dinner. Have you ever seen a person with food stamps, purchase meat, vegetables, rice or potatoes, and milk? Fat chance! And you wonder why the so-called poor people are OBESE!

These kids are learning that it doesn't pay to work hard, but it does pay to be so-called poor. When we grew up, our father worked two jobs to make ends meet. WE NEVER USED ANY SOCIAL PROGRAM MONEY! During the daytime he worked as an Air Force enlisted, then at a restaurant in the evening. Not one of my brothers or sisters have used social programs in their adult life, we learned well.
    You are 100% right...I lived in this city for over 20 years before we moved. Now english is a second language in the schools there now.

Can you feel my blood boiling....along with many others who got nothing free from the schools? I thought it was bad enough to give free breakfast and lunches during school but this takes the cake. I never got free food from the schools during my whole life. Its amazing all the things these people need who come from a country where they had nothing. They need need need. There seems to be no end to their needs. One day.... this will all come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    Can you feel my blood boiling....along with many others who got nothing free from the schools? I thought it was bad enough to give free breakfast and lunches during school but this takes the cake. I never got free food from the schools during my whole life. Its amazing all the things these people need who come from a country where they had nothing. They need need need. There seems to be no end to their needs. One day.... this will all come to an end.
    My blood is boiling too...I never got to buy lunch and I also made my own lunch. Half these kids are walking around with cell phones too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast