Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call me crazy but ......

yes, I HAVE eaten Blow Fish in Japan (but it was prepared by an authentic certified Japanese sushi blow fish expert chef). It wasn't especially tasty. I prefer EEL.

I am a risk taker at heart, I guess since I also bungee jumped in Australia.

I want to try sky diving sometime.

Oh well, you only live once and I believe in living life to the fullest.

Ricky

Couple Lucky to Be Alive After Eating Deadly Fish Given to Them as 'Gift'

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
    By Stephanie L. Freid

* Print
    * ShareThis

Days after falling into near-fatal comas, an Israeli couple is lucky to be alive after they ate a deadly strain of fish.

The 47-year-olds, immigrants from Russia and Ukraine, were admitted to a hospital in northern Israel on Saturday in comatose states after preparing and eating fried blowfish. They regained consciousness in the ICU Monday.

“From what they have been able to tell us,â€

I'd question friends who'd give me a gift like that and not clue me in on the dangers. We don't all eat the same foods or know all the wierd habits of other countries.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've stopped asking my Japanese wife the "WHAT IS THIS" .... I just ask her if she thinks I'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    I've stopped asking my Japanese wife the "WHAT IS THIS" .... I just ask her if she thinks I'll like it.
    Now THAT is funny! I love the Japanese people and their culture, but I question some of their culinary offerings. I tried eel for the first time a few months ago. Not bad. Like you said, things like that are better left not questioning what it is until after you eat it.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&