Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    "All these companies want to make it cheap overseas somewhere, then bring it back and sell it to our people who don't have any jobs to buy it," said Dennis Bomberger, business manager of Chocolate Workers Local 464 in Hershey, Pa.

And here it is right here. I've been telling people this for years, only being from Ohio, it started out with cars. If you keep putting us out of work, then we have no money to buy what you make/sell. Keep it up and you'll be next.
    Exactly.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've found that a tablespoon or two of HONEY, purchased from a LOCAL BEEKEEPER settles my sweet tooth just fine. I haven't had a piece of chocolate since Hershey announced they were moving to Mexico. I do miss my homemade chocolate chess pies, though!

Well I have always been a little concerned about diabetes anyway, this will ease my mind, we really don't need the chocolate anyway....although I am a chocolate freak, but if any thing is a turn off, it is this!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Moving to "other topic" no illegals here!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

You have the stock market & stockholders to thank for much of this.

It's the unending quest for dividends on stock that
    drives each company out of here.

The company has to placate the stockholders at all costs.

Cant' get materials any cheaper.
    Only thing left to cut is labor costs.

Quote Originally Posted by UserNotLoggedIn
    You have the stock market & stockholders to thank for much of this.

It's the unending quest for dividends on stock that
    drives each company out of here.

The company has to placate the stockholders at all costs.

Cant' get materials any cheaper.
    Only thing left to cut is labor costs.
    Well, I hope they've learned their lesson, and judging from their stock losses over the past 2 years, I'm sure they either have or will shortly. You can't bankrupt your customer base and stay in business which is what they've done.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In fairness to Hersey's stockholders, a large block of whom evidently live in the Hersey, PA, area, there was a move several years ago to sell the company to Cadbury's Chocolate. The sale was scrapped because so many of Hersey's stockholders objected, stating that they would be willing to take lower dividends if the company were to remain as it traditionally had been.

Interestingly, the founder of Hersey's Chocolate was an orpan, and he and his wife, who were unable to have children, left their entire company to a trust to establish a permanent residential home and school for orphan children and those of single parents who were financially unable to raise them. After paying the company's expenses, every penny of Hersey's profits goes toward operating this residential home and school. In contemplating the sale to Cadbury's, Hersey's managers argued that there were so many billions of dollars already in this trust fund that the Hersey company had accomplished its purpose of permantly funding the Hersey home and school.

However, it is true that these moves of plants abroad are being made at the urging of the company's new CEO (the first from outside the company) on the basis of cutting costs and future profitablility. And one can see why it would be attractive for a company to be able to move to an area where land and building costs were less expensive to build new, efficient factories rather than continuing to operate older, less efficient ones. Ross Perot warned us that this is what NAFTA would do, and it's doing it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

...."And you'll hear this Great Big Sucking sound".....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12