Carbon Sense Coalition – on the “climate change” fight from Down Under

April 28, 2012 by ppjg

Right Reason from Australia

Carbon Sense Coalition

A print-ready copy of this issue of “Carbon Sense” can be downloaded.

Viv Forbes, of Carbon Sense Coalition: This is a global movement to stop the implementation of carbon taxes and defeat the One World Governance dreamers. Please share with your friends and family, as you will see how this is affecting all of us who have come to the realization that our very freedom and liberty is at stake.
Carbon Credit Forests
- the CO2.con

28 April 2012.

The Rice Video – Carbon Dioxide in perspective by The Galileo Movement

CO2Australia boasts of planting three million carbon credit trees. This is “just the beginning” of a new bubble industry, the CO2.con.

This bubble is set to inflate rapidly. To offset just one day of Qantas operations, CO2 promoters must plant more than 200,000 trees in permanent forests covering 130 hectares. How much land is required to offset all Australian power stations, industry and transport?

Yes these trees will consume carbon dioxide. However CO2 levels today are well below what is ideal for plant growth. While they are growing strongly, these trees will suck the gas of life from the atmosphere, competing strongly with nearby crops and plant life for the traces of carbon dioxide remaining.

Then as the trees mature, growth stops. The aging forest just sits there, some trees growing, some dying and net carbon sequestration ceases. It becomes a sterile shrine to the green religion whose main impact on the biosphere is providing a haven for feral animals and noxious weeds.

Green spruikers claim that they only use land not suitable for anything else. Wrong! Every bit of Australia not covered by road, cities, parks or deserts can support crops, timber-getting or grazing animals. Carbon-credit forests gnaw away at this national land asset every year.

Moreover, CO2.con investors, like all speculators, want quick returns. Their quick return demands rapidly growing trees in arable country – deserts and salt pans are uneconomical. Thus the wheat/sheep belt is shrinking. No one can demonstrate any climate or environmental benefit from the CO2.con.

Forcing consumers and taxpayers to fund this large scale permanent land sterilisation is clearly unsustainable. All Australians fund this destruction via increased prices for electricity, cement, steel, air tickets and rail fares, and reduced land for food production. The carbon tax will increase their burden. Like all bubble industries, the CO2.con industry must end in tears, and the sooner it ends the better.

Vested Interests in the Climate Debate

A personal response by Viv Forbes to several attacks in the media

It seems that whenever global warming alarmists have no supporting evidence or logic, they resort to name calling using terms such as “vested interests”.

Warmists claim that earth’s climate is controlled by man-made carbon dioxide, mainly from coal and oil. A huge climate industry has been constructed on this flimsy foundation. Is Australia best served if we base energy policies solely on uninformed or emotional opinions from rock stars, lawyers, economists, union leaders and the climate industry? Surely it is sensible to also listen to scientists and engineers with training and experience in the origin, history, chemistry, geology, physics, extraction, utilisation and waste products of coal and oil and the behaviour and role of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere? Why is all government industry “pure” and all real industry “suspect”? There are venal people and those promoting vested interests everywhere.

Another tedious slur is that those who opposes climatism are supporters of big coal and “lobbyists are paid by multinationals to produce this stuff”. In my case this is very easy to refute. Just look at what I have said and written and check that against policies supported by coal industry lobbyists such as the Queensland Resources Council (QRC).

The QRC people ARE paid to promote the views of the coal industry – I am not. They promote three key policy pillars – a global agreement to ration and tax carbon, emissions permit trading, and subsidies for green power.

Never have I or the Carbon Sense Coalition ever supported any of these shaky pillars. We have repeatedly urged rejection of the Kyoto agreement; we have been consistent critics of emissions trading and the carbon tax; and we oppose money wasted in subsidising green energy toys and silly schemes like Carbon Capture and Burial.

Other superficial critics gleefully report that anything I say is merely promoting my vested interests in Stanmore Coal, a small Australian owned and managed explorer in which I hold shares. The reverse is true – Stanmore will be less harmed by the carbon tax than many other Australian businesses and may even derive some benefits. Stanmore’s main asset is an open cut thermal coal deposit planning to export coal, probably to Asia for power generation. The carbon tax in Australia will fall more heavily on gassy underground coal mines and will also drive our power intensive industries overseas, probably to Asia, thus increasing Asian demand for coal from projects such as Stanmore.

Naturally the snipers never reveal my long and continuing interest and experience in pasture management, grassland conservation, sustainable soils and the carbon cycle. I do not condone pollution or environmental degradation.

Every Australian has a vested interest in the outcome of this suicidal war on carbon – some will get unearned benefits, most will be lumbered with hidden costs. So instead of smearing, name calling and name dropping, it’s time for the green side to put up some relevant facts and logical arguments. Or find a real problem to solve.
Solving Three Problems

We have three problems in Queensland, all created or made worse by the federal government.
•Firstly, Canberra is about to drain our savings down the Green Hole using the Gillard carbon tax.
• Secondly, the Greens want to close every coal mine, promising that non-existent Green power plants will keep the lights on.
• Thirdly, orchardists and small towns are besieged by plagues of flying, squealing fruit bats which are protected by Canberra.
Here is the solution to all three problems.

Use Canberra’s carbon tax receipts to build a wall of wind turbines around every orchard and town plagued by flying foxes. Three problems solved. We get our carbon tax money invested back into Queensland, Greens get their sacred green windmills built, and the scything blades slice up the invading foxes (humanely of course). But be sure to stock up on candles for when the wind does not blow, and ear plugs for when it does.

The Rice Video

Carbon Dioxide in perspective

“THE CO2 LIES … pure fear-mongering … should we blindly trust the experts?”

__________________________________________________ ____________________

http://carbon-sense.com/wp-content/u...o2-dot-con.pdf

Viv Forbes – Carbon Sense Coalition – on the “climate change” fight from Down Under | Right Reason

https://www.qrc.org.au/_dbase_upl/Mi...les%202011.pdf

Carbon Sense Coalition