Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Carlos Slim Loses $6.7 Billion in a Week

..Enlarge image
    Carlos Slim Takes $8 Billion Hit Fernando Castillo/LatinContent/Getty Images
    Carlos Slim, the world’s richest man, lost about $8 billion this week.

Carlos Slim, the world’s richest man, lost about $8 billion this week. Photographer: Fernando Castillo/LatinContent/Getty Images
    .Carlos Slim, the world’s richest man, lost about $6.7 billion this week.

The Mexican billionaire’s stock portfolio, measured in U.S. dollars, has dropped about 9.5 percent since July 29 and is valued at about $64.4 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That compares with a 7.2 percent slide in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.

Slim, 71, has taken a hit as Mexico’s benchmark IPC index dropped 6.4 percent and the peso slid 2.3 percent against the dollar on concerns that the flagging U.S. economy will hurt demand for assets in its southern neighbor. The removal of three of Slim’s companies from the IPC index has made matters worse for the billionaire.

“He’s been particularly hurt by those companies leaving the IPC,â€
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

previous post

My. My, My, what goes around eventually comes around. Politicians should pay attention. Their time is coming.

Couldn't

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow...