"Celebs, VIPs petition Obama on 'gay marriage'
Becky Yeh - OneNewsNow California correspondent - 3/21/2011 3:30:00 AM

Some Hollywood icons have banded together under a campaign called "Say I Do" to request that President Barack Obama legalize same-sex "marriage" in the United States.

Just weeks after President Obama announced that his Justice Department would no longer defend the federal Defense of Marriage Act, several Hollywood A-listers signed a letter urging the president to further encourage same-sex marriages. Among supporters who penned their endorsement of homosexual marriage are Anne Hathaway, Ellen DeGeneres, Martin Sheen, Lily Tomlin, and Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita.

The letter was sponsored by Freedom to Marry, an advocacy group based in New York.

Even though the president has stated publicly that his views on same-sex marriage are "constantly evolving" and that it is an issue he "wrestling with," Brian Camenker of MassResistance! believes homosexual activists are certain Obama supports same-sex marriage.

"It doesn't really surprise too many of us, I'm sure, because of how extremely left-wing [these signatories] are," he remarks. "I would predict that he will find some way to finesse it and please them."

As the 2012 election nears -- a time when the president will want to have the endorsement of both high-profile celebrities and citizens -- Camenker says Obama may be uncomfortable with pushing any harder for legalization of same-sex marriage at this particular moment.

"If he were to do what they want him to do, it would not look good for his upcoming election, given that 31 states that have voted on this have a 31-0 record for voting against it," explains the pro-family activist."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... id=1314408