Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Charlie Cook: Obama Team Looking Incompetent

Charlie Cook: Obama Team Looking Incompetent

Friday, February 6, 2009 1:12 PM

By: Dave Eberhart

Writing in the National Journal Magazine, political analyst Charlie Cook opines that President Barack Obama had better start playing his own game, or his administration is going to get labeled incompetent.

Cook, who edits the respected "Cook Political Report," writes that, with such stains on the record as Sen. Tom Daschle’s withdrawal as Health and Human Services secretary nominee, embarrassing disclosures about Treasury nominee Timothy Geithner’s taxes, and a stimulus package that has run up against a wall of criticism, President Obama may be setting himself up for the shortest honeymoon in presidential history.

But as Cook figures it: “If Obama plays his own game, he can win. But if he plays someone else’s, he loses.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama got no game, he's in way over his head.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Cook needs to be patient. Obama hasn't even been there a month.

Humor on the quickness of some to find fault: http://www.denverpost.com/quillen/ci_11493317

Obama is too green to be a great leader. He does have some good ideas---but most of his program is simply relying on big government paybacks to major financial supporters. It has all the makings of a political Machine. I hope enough people see it. Not that the Republicans really do that much better.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Right, BR. The guy just barely sat down in the Oval Office when so many were shocked he was not wearing his suitcoat. Does America really give a crap about that? He has a pile of rodent-filled refuse to wade through from the previous administrations. I am amazed that he has been able to swing into action so soon, without giving a hoot about redecorating the WH. Jan. 21-day at work-to Feb. 7 is not even a month. And he hasn't even taken a plane home for a vacation yet--amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Obama got no game, he's in way over his head.
    His attitude this week has showed his level of immaturity. News is dribbling out about how mad the Muslims are with his speech to them. They now think he's a weak man.

Does he have to be on TV EVERYDAY??? This isn't the campaign for gods sake! Go do something to clean up the mess called your Presidency!

I think he needs to practice walking and chewing gum at the same time. He thought he could do it. Clinton cornered that market. Anyone notice no dog yet either? He's lying to the kids now.

Plus he made educated dog people mad when he was looking at pure bred puppies. People can adopt pure breds by looking at Rescues. They usually do one certain breed. Google rescue and the dog breed you want. He has no clue about puppy mills and the need to help the dogs we have already. I guess they don't teach that stuff in Indonesia!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Right, BR. The guy just barely sat down in the Oval Office when so many were shocked he was not wearing his suitcoat. Does America really give a crap about that? He has a pile of rodent-filled refuse to wade through from the previous administrations. I am amazed that he has been able to swing into action so soon, without giving a hoot about redecorating the WH. Jan. 21-day at work-to Feb. 7 is not even a month. And he hasn't even taken a plane home for a vacation yet--amazing.
    I agree, it's stupid to wear a suitcoat all day in your OWN office. I agree with him on this. I'd be in a nightie and housecoat with stupid pink slippers if it was me.!

BUT when he tells all us to get use to turning down the heat and I read he has the office so hot the others can't stand it? Rahm say, "Well, he's from Hawaii" WELL SO WHAT!!!!!!!!! We were in a Resession and looking at a Depression and we pay the damn heat bill for your famdamnly!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I agree, it's stupid to wear a suitcoat all day in your OWN office. I agree with him on this. I'd be in a nightie and housecoat with stupid pink slippers if it was me.!

BUT when he tells all us to get use to turning down the heat and I read he has the office so hot the others can't stand it? Rahm say, "Well, he's from Hawaii" WELL SO WHAT!!!!!!!!! We were in a Resession and looking at a Depression and we pay the damn heat bill for your famdamnly![/
    quote]

Not to mention we're paying for his mother in law's heat too......as well as the rest of her living expenses. I'm sure that's going over just marvelously with the millions of people out there whose own parents are barely managing to get by and may not have heat at all.

But then again, that cost is minimal compared to the millions of knee and back surgeries which are going to be required by the time all of the freakish genuflecting and bowing to the "great one" is done with :P