Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Child Burned With Acid On Playground

I would seriously consider this a terrorist attack on our children.

Apr 15, 2007 8:29 AM

Child Burned With Acid On Playground
    Posted By: rick pietzak

MIDDLE RIVER, Md. - A 2-year-old boy was critically burned Saturday after someone broke into an elementary school, stole several bottles of industrial-strength drain cleaner and splashed it all over the school's playground equipment, authorities said.

The boy was burned mostly on his legs by the cleaner, which contains a strong concentration of sulfuric acid, said Division Chief Michael Robinson of the Baltimore County Fire Department. No one else was injured.

The boy's parents initially took him to Franklin Square Hospital Center after he was burned, and the hospital's emergency room had to be evacuated because they tracked some of the drain cleaner in with them, Robinson said.

The boy was then taken to the pediatric burn unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

The person or persons responsible will face charges including first-degree assault, burglary and destruction of property, said Sgt. Vickie Warehime, a county police spokeswoman.

"We're very lucky nobody else used that playground today," Warehime said. "We could have had numerous victims."

Someone kicked in the door to a storage room at Victory Villa Elementary School sometime overnight, Warehime said. Investigators found that six bottles of drain cleaner had been opened.

Whoever is responsible most likely suffered minor burns to the hands and arms, Warehime said. Anyone with information was asked to call police.

A hazardous materials team cleaned up the playground, using tens of thousands of gallons of water, Robinson said.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/stor ... 0b0eb5576c
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Disgusting.

Chemical warfair on our playgrounds now?
    What message was this supposed to send and from who?

At the very least, someone is very disturbed.

The same thing just happened to a playground in RoundRock ,Texas?????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Acid is found in Westwood Community Park
    Investigators suspect foulplay
    4/12/2007

590 KLBJ-AM

It's now a criminal investigation in Westwood Community Park in Leander. Investigators think someone took muriatic acid and spread it all over the park. Emergency responders have found it on playground equipment, park benches, among other things. They have begun decontamination procedures.

Leander Fire and Rescue's Chris Heisler says a 2-year old girl was treated at the scene for acid burns, but he says this is a busy park and more people were possibly exposed. Anyone who was at the park today and find they have blisters, redness, skin irritation or burning sensation in the eyes need to contact their family doctor or E.M.S.

Anyone with information is asked to come forward and speak to investigators.
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Am I to understand that this has now happened twice.
    Two locations?
    Two vastly seperated states?
    What the hell is going on?

Hey guys. Here's another aritcle with a video on the link about the Texas incident on Friday.

Officials search for culprit behind acid found in Leander park
    Neighbors say they're concerned after a 2-year-old girl is burned.
    Click-2-Listen
    By Isadora Vail, Miguel Liscano

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Saturday, April 14, 2007

LEANDER — Officials continued to look for answers Friday after acid was found in a Leander park and a child was treated for minor burns.

Leander firefighters arrived at the Westwood community pool park about 7:45 p.m. Thursday and found muriatic acid, or hydrochloric acid, scattered across the grass, a slide and benches.

(enlarge photo)

A 2-year-old girl was treated at the scene for minor burns she suffered after playing on a slide.

Officials said they found two empty gallon containers of the acid in the park.

The chemical is used as a household cleaner or to maintain the pH balance in swimming pools.

"We determined there was a much bigger problem with muriatic acid spread out all over the park," Leander Fire Lt. Chris Heisler said. "Here in a playground, having that out here, it's obvious someone had inappropriate intentions."

Fire department officials referred all questions about the investigation to police and would not identify the injured 2-year-old. Leander police did not return repeated calls for comment Friday.

In front of the park is a community pool surrounded by a 6-foot iron gate.

The pool, which has been closed for the season, will open next month.

Jerry Pulido, who lives next door to the park, has three children, two of whom spend most afternoons on the park's playground.

"This has always been a safe neighborhood, but now I feel like I have to look over the park before the kids come and play," Pulido said Friday outside of his home.

"I was out here yesterday sliding down the slide and swinging on the swings," said his 8-year-old daughter, Deyra Pulido. "I'm probably going to ask my dad if I can come play here now because I don't want to get burned."

One resident said the park is popular with neighborhood children. "It's scary that somebody's going to pour acid on a slide," Trish Siler said. "Kids are always there."

ivail@statesman.com; 246-0053

mliscano@statesman.com; 445-3629

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/n ... dpark.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

unbelievable!

I wonder if there are more incidences out there and they just haven't come to light yet. I find it more then a little strange that these two occured so close in time but so far in distance.

Banned
    o man now what ?

JAK
    I hope they catch them soon and throw the book at them!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!