Chris Christie’s Muslim Stance Makes Him Questionable VP Candidate
May 3, 2012 byda Tagliare
17 Comments

Christie - MohammedOne of the many issues that I have with President Barack Obama is his affinity for Muslims over Christians. America was founded as a Christian nation, but Obama has done his best to usher in Islam in place of Christianity and the last thing I want to see is Obama getting re-elected or see him replaced with an administration that will continue his Muslim promotion.

There seems to be no doubt that Mitt Romney will be the Republican presidential candidate, but who is he going to choose to be his vice presidential running mate?

One of the latest polls indicate that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is the most popular choice for the number two slot. Some of the reasons for his popularity is due to his strong budget cuts in New Jersey and his strong stand against the unions representing government employees.

However, Christie also has a track record Daniel Pipes and Steve Emerson: Chris Christie's Islam Problem of siding with or embracing Muslims and this concerns me.

Does the name Mohammed Qatanani sound familiar to you? Before being deported from the United States in 2008, Qatanani, an imam at the Islamic Center of Passaic County, said that he was in favor of funding Hamas, an organization that is designated to be a terrorist group by the US government. He also spoke out against Jews and Israel. Then US Attorney for New Jersey, Chris Christie, embraced and kissed Qatanani and then asked one of his assistants to be a character witness for Qatanani at his deportation hearing.

Does the name Derek Fenton sound familiar to you? In 2010, Fenton was attending a 9-11 memorial ceremony where he burned three pages from a Koran in protest of the Muslim involvement in the attack. Fenton’s employer, the New Jersey Transit, heard of his protest and sought permission to fire him for his insensitive protest. Gov Christie approved the firing of Fenton and stated,

“That kind of intolerance is something I think is unacceptable. So I don’t have any problem with him being fired.”

The ironic twist in this case was that the ACLU came to Fenton’s aid and was able to get his job back when they showed that his firing violated his Frist Amendment right to free speech.

Does the name Sohail Mohammed sound familiar to you? He served as general counsel to the American Muslim Union which has tried to convince others that the 9-11 attacks were orchestrated by Zionist Commandos and not by Muslims. He also defended Sami Al-Arian, a suspected Palestinian Islamic Jihadist. In 2011, Gov Christie appointed Mohammed to the New Jersey state superior court.

During the state approval process of Mohammed’s appointment, he was asked about his stance on Sharia law. Gov Christie verbally chastised the lawmakers for their questions saying,

“Shari’a law has nothing to do with this [appointment of Mohammed] at all. It’s crazy. It’s crazy. . . . So, this Shari’a law business is crap. It’s just crazy. And I’m tired of dealing with the crazies. I mean, you know, it’s just unnecessary to be accusing this guy of things just because of his religious background.”

Earlier this year, Gov Christie publicly mocked New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly for the NYPD surveillance of Muslims and mosques in New Jersey as well as in New York. Christie referred to Kelly as “all knowing, all seeing.”

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has hugged, embraced and spoke out for a Muslim that was deported because of his radical views. He supported the firing of a man who was exercising his Frist Amendment right of free speech. He appointed a Muslim who believes in sharia law to a state superior court and then ridiculed the head of the largest city police department in America for keeping surveillance on Muslims after the 9-11 attack that destroyed the Twin Towers in his city.

Don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound too different than the pro-Muslim policies we see in the White House today. If I were Mitt Romney, I would definitely think twice or even three times before selecting Chris Christie as his vice presidential running mate.

Chris Christie