Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Christians called to abandon public education

Christians called to abandon public education
    Children's worldview determined by 14,000 hours in classrooms
    Posted: December 28, 2008
    9:15 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Video showing students at a public school under siege

You've heard all about the disputes: "Silent Night" banned at the "holiday" program, artistic references to the Bible censored and faith-inclusive children's programs facing discrimination.

Now some people are fed up with public school treatment of Christianity and have launched a campaign calling for a rescue of kids from government education programs – a "Call to Dunkirk."

The name Dunkirk is famous for the hundreds of thousands of World War II allies saved in May 1940 when a flotilla of pleasure boats, fishing craft and others rescued the soldiers from the beaches near Dunkirk, France, where they were trapped by an advancing German army.

Author David J. Knowles, who wrote a book on the rescue that British Prime Minister Winston Churchill called a miracle, said volunteers including boat owners, fishermen – ordinary people instead of trained soldiers and sailors – crossed the English Channel to effect the rescue of about 340,000 people.

Now, officials with Exodus Mandate have launched their "Call to Dunkirk" to advocate a departure from public schools.

Several officials have created a YouTube video on their plan, and it is embedded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGZLSVph3A

Organization chief Chaplain E. Ray Moore, a retired military officer, said that at Dunkirk, "total disaster (was) averted by bold leadership and ordinary citizens answering the call."

But he said in America, three-quarters or more of the Christian children, "are trapped in the state-run public schools."

Bruce Shortt, the author of "The Harsh Truth about Public Schools," said, "culture is shaped by how we're educated."

"Why should we be surprised we're losing culturally and politically when we continue to offer up our children as living sacrifices to the Molech of government schools?" he said.

Get the book that exposes "The Harsh Truth About Public Schools" direct from WND's online store!

Voddie Baucham, Jr., author of "Family Driven Faith," noted children spend about 14,000 hours in public schools.

"Whoever controls those 14,000 hours controls our children's worldview," he said, citing Charles Francis Potter, a signer of the Humanist Manifesto. He wrote, "What can theistic Sunday school meeting for an hour once a week do to stem the tide of a five day program of humanist teaching?"

"The left knows that whoever controls the children owns the future. That's why so many '60s radicals like Bill Ayers went into education. Now they effectively control the government school system and its curriculum. But worse, we give them our children," Shortt said.

Moore said his plan is simple:

"That all families, churches, pastors, major Christian ministries and organizations, concentrate for one year on extracting Christian children from the pagan, godless public schools."

"State-run public schools have become destructive to our children's Christian faith. They no longer educate but rather indoctrinate. Not only morally corrupt, public schools are unsafe because of the violence and crime that occurs in them on a regular basis," the campaign says.

WND previously reported Moore's estimate based on statistics that 70 to 80 percent of Christian children "will abandon the church and their faith in a public school career."

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84603

ELE

No God = No financial support!

As a Christian, I love the idea! I'm tired of these stupid schools and colleges trying to break down our faith and expect us to financially support them!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like a plan.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

My husband and I are in our 7th year of homeschooling our kids. Both boys started out in the public schools system. We took our oldest out in the middle of third grade, while our youngest completed his kindergarten year with a wonderful teacher who didn't like the "system" she was a part of any more than we did. The boys are now 16 and 12 years old, happy, healthy, outgoing, respectful, mature, and well adjusted. Being taught at home has allowed them the time and freedom to not only learn traditional subjects at their own pace (which exceeds my own at times), but to explore and expand upon their OWN interests as well.

I remember the HOURS of homework the teachers would send home with the kids every day. They never had time for anything else - (neither did I). I also remember the hours and days I spent at the school as a volunteer, which I thoroughly enjoyed and can still do with other homeschool families. I remember spending countless hours and dollars at the doctor's office because my kids would pick up every single virus that was going around. Seemed like they were sick more often than not when they were in public school.

The most important thing is that teaching your kids at home allows you, the parent, to decide WHAT and HOW your kids are learning. Many parents don't think they have the time or the ability to home teach their kids, and I'll grant you that it's not for everybody. But if you're already spending 2 to 3 hours every evening helping them with homework, then you CAN homeschool. You're already doing it! You are spending those public school homework hours teaching your kids what the "system" wants them to learn, how the "system" wants them to learn it!

What a great idea! Religion has no place in public school. I always found it ironic that "Christian Sally" wants to pray in school, while making fun of people and doing un-christian things. Hypocrite High School has a nice ring to it.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Maybe these families should also find out what percentage of their taxes fund public education and claim an extra deduction come tax time!!!

Unfortunately too many parents don't have the time or money to be able to homeschool the kids. Then there are the parents who just want to get rid of the kids into a publicly supported baby-sitting service. The majority of tax dollars these days are going to buy more land and build more buildings because we are getting swarmed with anchor babies that need to be educated. Today's education system seems to be more focused on the non-English speakers rather than motivating the achievers in the school system.
    The stupidity of the Comprehensive Achievement Tests has given teachers the iniative to only teach the kids to pass the tests, not giving them wings to explore what they are interested in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    What a great idea! Religion has no place in public school. I always found it ironic that "Christian Sally" wants to pray in school, while making fun of people and doing un-christian things. Hypocrite High School has a nice ring to it.
    Christianity has been banned from public schools, yet learning the Koran is mandatory for a California 8th Grader. When they say no religion what they mean is no Christianity.

Think about it, prior to banning the bible from school, the great discipline problems teachers faced was gum chewing and talking in class. Ban the bible now they are facing guns and knifes. Without this morality, a free people will never be able to retain their freedom.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Unfortunately too many parents don't have the time or money to be able to homeschool the kids. Then there are the parents who just want to get rid of the kids into a publicly supported baby-sitting service. The majority of tax dollars these days are going to buy more land and build more buildings because we are getting swarmed with anchor babies that need to be educated. Today's education system seems to be more focused on the non-English speakers rather than motivating the achievers in the school system.
    The stupidity of the Comprehensive Achievement Tests has given teachers the iniative to only teach the kids to pass the tests, not giving them wings to explore what they are interested in.
    I got an email from a member of my Indiana anti-illegal group. She just finished a paper. In Indiana 11500 is spent per pupil, per year k-12. For a full time student one year at an Indiana state university, Tuition, books and fees average 9500. It is cheaper to go to college in Indiana than it is to go to kindergarten.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Give me a boy when he is four and he is mine for life."

Ignacius Loyola,
    Founder of The Jesuits, the great Catholic teaching order of Counter-Reformation Spain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast