Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CIA chief: Cheney almost 'wishing' for U.S. attack

CIA chief: Cheney almost 'wishing' for U.S. attack

WASHINGTON (AP) — CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

Panetta told The New Yorker for an article in its June 22 issue that Cheney "smells some blood in the water" on the issue of national security.

Cheney has said in several interviews that he thinks Obama is making the U.S. less safe. He has been critical of Obama for ordering the closure of the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, halting enhanced interrogations of suspected terrorists and reversing other Bush administration initiatives he says helped to prevent attacks on the U.S.

Last month the former vice president offered a withering critique of Obama's policies and a defense of the Bush administration on the same day that Obama made a major speech about national security.

Panetta said of Cheney's remarks: "It's almost, a little bit, gallows politics. When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point. I think that's dangerous politics."

Asked if he agreed with Panetta, Vice President Joe Biden told NBC's Meet the Press that he wouldn't question the motive behind Cheney's criticism.

"I think Dick Cheney's judgment about how to secure America is faulty," Biden said. "I think our judgment is correct."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... eney_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cheney

and Bush made America LESS safe by angering arabs and muslims with their pro israel/screw-the-palastinians-cause-theyre-muslims hardline stance...Cheney has everything ass=backwards...

Why is Liz Cheney all over TV these days defending the GWB administration? Did daddy tell her all government secrets through his gritted dentures?
    And this guy has no clue that his hand was in deeply to bring down American sense of security by pushing a pre-emptive war in Iraq.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well one thing about Cheney he is the ADULT in the room.The libtards know it too.
    with KIm showing off his fireworks display and terrorists taking down hotels and Paris-bound flights and Jihadists in Nashville mosques marrying seven year olds...maybe it is time for an adult.
    I hope he pops up about once a week.He smokes.

What does he smoke?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    Well one thing about Cheney he is the ADULT in the room.The libtards know it too.
    with KIm showing off his fireworks display and terrorists taking down hotels and Paris-bound flights and Jihadists in Nashville mosques marrying seven year olds...maybe it is time for an adult.
    I hope he pops up about once a week.He smokes.
    HAHAHA!! That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I certainly hope that was sarcasm. And what is it that he smokes? I think South American shamans would be jealous!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&