Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cisneros:Latinos Key to (US Competitive Global) Future

You may leave comments at the source.

2009 12:00 CST

Cisneros: Latinos key to future

PABLO M. MONSIVAIS/ASSOCIATED PRESS

Henry Cisneros says immigrants should master English and strive for full citizenship

By Gary Martin - Express-News

WASHINGTON — Former Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros and several Latino leaders say the global competitiveness of the United States hinges on the progress of the country's Hispanic population — the fastest-growing minority group.

The former San Antonio mayor touts that thesis in a new book, “Latinos and the Nation's Future,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the same idiot responsible for the lobbying of "Hannie Mae." He pushed ninja loans for the hispanics and we saw where that got us. Why doesn't he just get a job, a real job and leave the government.

Cisneros provides one of the reasons so many Americans are against the illegal invasion. You want America to “provide services to lift immigrants up into the middle classâ€
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

WASHINGTON — Former Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros and several Latino leaders say the global competitiveness of the United States hinges on the progress of the country's Hispanic population
    I always have a problem getting past sentences like this one. Makes me wonder if I want to read any further.

[quote]“Our fate is far from sealed, though,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: Cisneros:Latinos Key to (US Competitive Global) Future

[quote]"help lift Latinos into the middle class is an investment in the future of the entire countryâ€