Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AEC

Class Action Lawsuits...

many of you mention filling a class action suit. Don't you think lawyers would be all over this if there was even a chance. They get an average of 33% per award. With the number of plaintiffs, this would be a huge award. Do your homework, it can't happen based on the facts you have previously discussed.

Re: Class Action Lawsuits...

Quote Originally Posted by AEC
    many of you mention filling a class action suit. Don't you think lawyers would be all over this if there was even a chance. They get an average of 33% per award. With the number of plaintiffs, this would be a huge award. Do your homework, it can't happen based on the facts you have previously discussed.
    Lawyers not being all over this does not mean we would not have a case, it simply means the case would have huge political capital, but it would not bring in much monetarily. When a suit is filed for unconstitutionality, it often only results in the practice or law being over turned, not in monetary damages. Therefore, a lawyer could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money to bring it forth, pay expert witnesses ect, and might make 2000 in return. A huge economical loss.

If we were to announce we had one million dollars to pursue justice, there would be so many lawyers contacting W it would make your head spin. Unfortunately, in todays society, It does not matter the merits of the case, but the financial outcome.

On a law site I once read it is far better to have a half baked case worth millions, than an air tight case worth hundreds.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    No law firm in the world would turn down a 2 million dollar
    retainer

AEC

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Lawyers not being all over this does not mean we would not have a case, it simply means the case would have huge political capital, but it would not bring in much monetarily. When a suit is filed for unconstitutionality, it often only results in the practice or law being over turned, not in monetary damages. Therefore, a lawyer could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money to bring it forth, pay expert witnesses ect, and might make 2000 in return. A huge economical loss.

If we were to announce we had one million dollars to pursue justice, there would be so many lawyers contacting W it would make your head spin. Unfortunately, in todays society, It does not matter the merits of the case, but the financial outcome.

On a law site I once read it is far better to have a half baked case worth millions, than an air tight case worth hundreds.
    Since you have so many people who stand behind you, why not take up donations. Will, is ALIPAC willing to donate to a fund to hire an attorney?

By the way, I didn't want to get specific, but you don't have the elements required in order to file a class action lawsuit. There are many requirements and you'd have to study the law to learn those and interpret what they mean.
    Mark my words, will never happen under the facts discussed so far.

Since you have so many people who stand behind you, why not take up donations. Will, is ALIPAC willing to donate to a fund to hire an attorney?

By the way, I didn't want to get specific, but you don't have the elements required in order to file a class action lawsuit. There are many requirements and you'd have to study the law to learn those and interpret what they mean.
    On which case? See I happen to know for a FACT that on two previous calls for a class action, we did have all of the elements, it just was going to be too costly. Even if we won, the potential defendant did not have enough money/assets to pay even half of what the suit would have cost. I know this because I was told by 4 separate lawyers and a retired judge. It all comes down to money.

You come in here, with generic info, sounding like a first year law student who is having difficulty making the grade. You have not mentioned a specific "potential case" yet you make blanket statements that we don't have all of the elements when you don't have any of the facts. personally, I suspect we should be looking for the troll spray in this particular case.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AEC

On which case? See I happen to know for a FACT that on two previous calls for a class action, we did have all of the elements, it just was going to be too costly. Even if we won, the potential defendant did not have enough money/assets to pay even half of what the suit would have cost. I know this because I was told by 4 separate lawyers and a retired judge. It all comes down to money.

You come in here, with generic info, sounding like a first year law student who is having difficulty making the grade. You have not mentioned a specific "potential case" yet you make blanket statements that we don't have all of the elements when you don't have any of the facts. personally, I suspect we should be looking for the troll spray in this particular case.
    My point was your class actions threats are useless. Evidence of this is that they haven't occurred despite the potential plaintiffs and damage awards. Who were you suing?

We never stop talking and never pursue anything and this is why we never change anything permanently. They have all kinds of attorneys and nothing stops them - an attorney simply making noise about a situation will very often end the discussion because the accused don't want to incur legal expenses, therefore they fold. We need attorneys who will speak for us, just as the ACLU, LaRaza, Lulac, Mecha and all the others have mouthpieces for them. Do we have any red-blooded American counselors out there who still believe this country belongs to the people of this United States? Step forward - you have many of us who are willing to join you in this fight for our country.

AEC
    Law school graduate. Because I don't agree with you, you are going to ban me? Go ahead, I can always come back, and how typical of you wanting to keep someone from speaking their mind. Keep preaching the laws of our country while trying to limit someone's speech. Are you that threatened? I haven't even insulted you.

Law school graduate. Because I don't agree with you, you are going to ban me? Go ahead, I can always come back, and how typical of you wanting to keep someone from speaking their mind. Keep preaching the laws of our country while trying to limit someone's speech. Are you that threatened? I haven't even insulted you.
    I have no power to ban anybody. Are you trying to get banned? Are you here simply to stir up trouble then go back to your regular group and say how these racists banned you?

Ok, Mr. Law School Graduate, aka AEC, what do YOU propose we do??
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast