Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CNN: Hollywood Execs Who Wrote ‘Racial’ Emails About Obama Are Big-Time Democrat Dono

My,my. It looks like these limousine liberals are a little racist and two faced.
    CNN: Hollywood Execs Who Wrote ‘Racial’ Emails About Obama Are Big-Time Democrat Donors

CNN: Hollywood Execs Who Wrote ‘Racial’ Emails About Obama Are Big-Time Democrat Donors

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    December 11, 2014 9:14 am

<font color="#3E3D3D"><span style="font-family: Arial"><span style="font-family: inherit">

A trove of recently leaked emails from Sony Pictures reveals a series of embarrassing “racial” messages between liberal Hollywood executives and Democratic donors Scott Rudin and Amy Pascal.

Ahead of a breakfast with President Obama hosted by DreamWorks Animation CEO and major Democratic donor Jeffrey Katzenberg, Pascal asked Rudin, “What should I ask the president at this stupid Jeffrey breakfast?”

Pascal suggested, “Should I ask him if he liked Django?”

Rudin floated another suggestion, “12 years,” (referring to the 2013 film 12 Years a Slave).
    “Or The Butler,” Pascal continued. “Or Think Like a Man?”

“I bet he likes Kevin Hart,” Rudin said.

Nearly every film suggested starred or featured black actors.

CNN’s Michaela Pereira said both Democratic donors may need to reach out to the White House to account for the awkward exchanges.

“Might need to spend a little more money now and make a phone call to the White House,” Pereira said.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/cnn-hollywood-execs-who-wrote-racial-emails-about-obama-are-big-time-democrat-donors/

Scott Rudin On Obama’s Favorite Movies: “I Bet He Likes Kevin Hart”

An exchange between Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal and producer Scott Rudin turned into a riff on films they thought the president liked. UPDATE: Both Rudin and Pascal have apologized for the emails.
    posted on Dec. 10, 2014, at 8:20 p.m.
    Matthew Zeitlin

Danny Moloshok / Reuters

Before Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal attended a breakfast of Hollywood bigwigs last November with Barack Obama, she emailed her friend Scott Rudin for suggestions on what she should ask the president.

In what has become the latest embarrassing email uncovered in a trove of messages leaked by hackers who attacked Sony, Pascal wrote Rudin: “What should I ask the president at this stupid Jeffrey breakfast?” She was referring to a breakfast hosted by DreamWorks Animation head and major Democratic donor Jeffrey Katzenberg.

Rudin, a top film producer responsible for films like No Country for Old Men andMoneyball, responded, “Would he like to finance some movies.” Pascal replied, “I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?” Rudin responded: “12 YEARS.” Pascal quickly continued down the path of guessing Obama preferred movies by or starring African Americans. “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”

Rudin’s response: “Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”

At a fundraiser later that evening at DreamWorks’ studio, Obama didn’t express a particular preference for the films Rudin and Pascal listed, telling a crowd of Hollywood executives, “Believe it or not, entertainment is part of our American diplomacy.”
    Obama praised Hollywood’s ability to depict the diversity of the United States all over the world: “If they’re watching an old movie — Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,The Mary Tyler Moore Show, or Will and Grace and Modern Family — they’ve had a front-row seat to our march towards progress. Even if their own nations haven’t made that progress yet.”

Pascal is a major Democratic donor; she gave $5,000 to Obama’s re-election campaign and cut a $30,800 check to the Democratic National Committee, according to OpenSecrets.

A Sony spokesperson declined to comment and Rudin did not respond immediately to BuzzFeed News for comment.

UPDATE

After the emails were published by BuzzFeed News last night, Scott Rudin apologized for their contents in comments made to Deadline.com.

“Private emails between friends and colleagues written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity, even when the content of them is meant to be in jest, can result in offense where none was intended,” he told Deadline. “I made a series of remarks that were meant only to be funny, but in the cold light of day, they are in fact thoughtless and insensitive — and not funny at all. To anybody I’ve offended, I’m profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologize for any injury they might have caused.” Dec. 11, 2014, at 10:57 a.m.

UPDATE
    Sony Pictures CEO Amy Pascal has also apologized for the contents of the emails, in a statement published by Variety:
    “The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am,” she said. “Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.” Dec. 11, 2014, at 12:02 p.m.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/matthewzeitlin/scott-rudin-on-obama-i-bet-he-likes-kevin-hart