Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Coca-Cola chief attacks protectionism

Coca-Cola chief attacks protectionism

By Francesco Guerrera and Chrystia Freeland in Atlanta

Published: September 14 2007 06:37 | Last updated: September 14 2007 06:37

Neville Isdell, chief executive of Coca-Cola, has criticised corporate leaders for not speaking out against protectionism, warning that the failure of big business to convince politicians and public opinion of the benefits of free trade will harm global growth and companies’ profits.

In a video interview with the Financial Times – in which he also indicated that he might continue to lead the drinks group beyond his 65th birthday next year – Mr Isdell said recent regulatory scandals had prompted chief executives to steer clear of controversial topics such as free trade.

Asked whether business leaders were doing enough to make a public case against rising protectionist sentiment in the US, Mr Isdell said: “No, I don’t think so. I think that, [after] what happened around Enron and the like, a lot of us put our heads below the parapet.

“I think we’re now learning to bring our heads up above the parapet again but I think, certainly on free trade, we need to be more outspoken.â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Looks like i have to break my diet coke habit now....and I hate diet pepsi
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I'm going on an iced (green) tea kick for sure now. It's better for my health and my nation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Is this guy shoting him self in his foot or what ???

Typical corporate elite they support La Raza so they can live their life style and destroy ours and our Constitution:
    http://www.nclr.org/section/corporat...nal_corporate/
    BTW Coke is not the only one...
    The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) recognizes those corporations that have invested in NCLR’s long-term strategic efforts with multiyear, multimillion-dollar commitments, including NCLR’s Empowering An American Community Campaign.

The Allstate Corporation
    Bank of America
    The Coca-Cola Company
    Citi
    Fannie Mae
    Freddie Mac
    Ford Motor Company
    General Motors Corporation
    MBNA Corporation
    PepsiCo Foundation
    The PMI Group, Inc.
    State Farm Insurance Companies
    UPS
    Univision
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Footnote, BTW, UPS employees are with the Teamsters, again Hoffa could negociate that UPS not support La Raza!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Great no diet-pepsi now either

If I am cranky the next few days, it is the withdrawals.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And... don't forget: ex-Mexican Presidente Vincente Fox used to be the CEO of Coke-Cola (Mexico):

Here's a quick blurb on Wiki I found (FWIW - I realize Wiki info is not considered definitive)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicente_Fox

I've switched to Pepsi products a long time ago... (although they, are probably not much better)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Ill be a coke drinker for ever… There is only coke and root beer maybe cream soda and orange
    But Ill never like Pepsi ever... it bites big time…
    I am sure coke gives money, much more money to the other Good political originations, beside Laraza... I’m 100% sure coke and some of those other companies aren’t supporting criminal immigration to the United States…

If coke supports LaRaza they are supporting criminal activity.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast